Windows 10: multiple recovery drive near c drive

Discus and support multiple recovery drive near c drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have total 5 healthy recovery drives near to my c drivein the disk manager. 2 of them are on the left side and 3 of them are on its right side, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sudeep santra, May 31, 2020.

1. multiple recovery drive near c drive

I have total 5 healthy recovery drives near to my c drivein the disk manager.

2 of them are on the left side and 3 of them are on its right side, i am attaching a picture of it.

so is everything fine with my c drive or i have surplus recovery drives which has no use?

thanks a lot in advance

multiple recovery drive near c drive fdfd2dc0-4984-4666-b291-12d01d972c08?upload=true.png

:)

sudeep santra, May 31, 2020

2. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, May 31, 2020
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, May 31, 2020
  4. multiple recovery drive near c drive

creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 31, 2020
Thema:

multiple recovery drive near c drive

1. multiple recovery drive near c drive - Similar Threads - multiple recovery drive

2. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  3. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  4. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. C drive is full, Windows Folder appears to be taking up nearly half of my C drive This is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive is full, Windows Folder appears to be taking up nearly half of my C drive This is...: My C-Drive is full Or at least it says it is, 0 bytes free of 99.3gb; this is my only drive so of current I am unable to download anything Apparently Windows is taking up 46gb of space on my computer... Is this normal? How can I free up some space? I don't know whats taking...
  6. Multiple Volumes in C drive

Multiple Volumes in C drive: Please see the attached image, can I delete the highlighted volumes, will that affect the OS in anyway? I don't know how they got there! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-volumes-in-c-drive/50dba56b-40af-4753-825f-de2c7fbfa7e5
  7. Recovery partition after "C:" Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition after "C:" Drive: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why this occurred & any way to fix that. It's not actually necessary but it hinders my ability to add more storage to the system. Thanks in advance...
  8. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive near full due to "preload": I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have no clue what to do about this. All other files arent taking up space unlike "preload" 13gb of a 15gb drive. What can I do...
  9. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"
  10. Add recovery partition into C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add recovery partition into C drive: I just deleted the content (through the recovery software) of the recovery partition (D drive) in my laptop which had an older OS in it. I would like to add the space in this partition into the C drive, basically eliminating this recovery partition and expanding C the amount...