Windows 10: Multiple RuntimeBroker.exe and Svchost.exe

Discus and support Multiple RuntimeBroker.exe and Svchost.exe in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I opened my task manager today and I randomly fell upon having 3-5 RuntimeBroker.exe and having many many many svchost.exe. Do I have a virus and if so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by treeguy01, Feb 2, 2018.

1. treeguy01 Win User

Multiple RuntimeBroker.exe and Svchost.exe

I opened my task manager today and I randomly fell upon having 3-5 RuntimeBroker.exe and having many many many svchost.exe. Do I have a virus and if so what should I do to fix this issue. The runtimebrokers.exe are inside other processes. Pictures below.

Multiple RuntimeBroker.exe and Svchost.exe [​IMG]

:)

treeguy01, Feb 2, 2018

2. PC very slow ,

My pc IS very slow and when checking the process i see many svchost.exe file and also some RuntimeBroker.exe file. Are they causing this problem for my PC ? By the way, i'm using windows 10 and the pc is one year new.

Tq

AbdourahimeDiallo, Feb 2, 2018
  3. Why do I have so many copies of Edge running at the same time?

Right now I have only Edge running plus whatever programs need to run for Windows. When I look at Task Manager I see 14 copies of "MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, 6 copies of RuntimeBroker.exe and 15 copies of svchost.exe running. Why?

John Augustin_123, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey treeguy1,
    Mine looks the same, must have 60 scvhost running and that is normal for Win10 *Smile

Note: I don't think you have a virus, but if you're concerned about a virus.
    1, Do a scan with Windows Defender or your AV
    2. Do a scan with Malwarebytes Free - Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

Eagle51, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Svchost.exe (Service Host, or SvcHost) is a system process that hosts multiple Windows services in the Windows NT family of operating systems. You may notice multiple Svchost.exe processes this is normal because if every single service ran under a one Service Host process, a failure in one service could potentially bring down all of Windows. Instead, they are separated out.

With Windows 10 processes are shown on the “Processes” tab of Task Manager by their full names. If a process serves as a host for multiple services, you can see those services by simply expanding the process. This makes it very easy to identify which services belong to each instance of the Service Host process.

You can right-click any individual service view it in the “Services” Control Panel app, or even search online for information about the service.

Runtime Broker make sure apps you have downloaded from Microsoft Store declaring all of their permissions, like being able to access your location or microphone.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    ...indeed they are - in fact the way they are separated out was substantially revised with the release of Creators Update (1703). With >3.5GB available RAM almost every process will now get its own svchost.exe

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/vi...st-windows-10/

Thanks go to Dalchina for that link, from this thread...
    Creators Update: number of processes

Bree, Feb 3, 2018
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    I believe Linux has always followed the principle of one service per process. The situation isn't quite the same but the same principles apply.

LMiller7, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Multiple RuntimeBroker.exe and Svchost.exe

Only 60? I have 120 Right now.

Josey Wales, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple RuntimeBroker.exe and Svchost.exe - Similar Threads - Multiple RuntimeBroker exe

2. RtkAudioService64.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RtkAudioService64.exe: Do I need RtkAudioService64.exe or is there an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rtkaudioservice64exe/978495be-d728-4f68-a748-4055b8274617
  3. RtkAudioService64.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RtkAudioService64.exe: Do I need RtkAudioService64.exe or is there an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rtkaudioservice64exe/146e07cd-4d50-4767-8055-9e6110982b91
  4. RtkAudioService64.exe

RtkAudioService64.exe: Do I need RtkAudioService64.exe or is there an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rtkaudioservice64exe/978495be-d728-4f68-a748-4055b8274617
  5. Multiple .exe error boxes! Appreciate help... :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple .exe error boxes! Appreciate help... :: Seems my Windows 11 has crashed/has issues... ?!?Restarted my computer this morning. nothing new installed, etc.After that, when I clicked to open Word, this error box below appeared saying "This operating system is not presently configured to run this application.Then all...
  6. Multiple .exe error boxes! Appreciate help... :

Multiple .exe error boxes! Appreciate help... :: Seems my Windows 11 has crashed/has issues... ?!?Restarted my computer this morning. nothing new installed, etc.After that, when I clicked to open Word, this error box below appeared saying "This operating system is not presently configured to run this application.Then all...
  7. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find multiple exe files?: I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share...
  8. .exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe: So i was not able to run Amd.exe . To do so i went to regedit and under Hkey class root .exe i changed the value .exe to “%1” %* but the mistake i made was i did not gave a space after “%1”. So after i restarted my pc i am anot able to open any .exe files i tried...
  9. EXE files missing after multiple issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EXE files missing after multiple issues: I ran into a few problems recently and had to run a system restore. i thought things were going to be okay, but all the EXE’s to all of the programs in both program files folders, my desktop, and program data are missing. It might be worth mentioning that there was another...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple copies of runtime broker

2. multiple runtime broker

3. runtime broker multiple instances

4. multiple runtime broker windows 10,
  5. multiple runtime broker processes,
  6. multiple runtime broker in task manager,
  7. multiple instances of runtime broker,
  8. runtimebroker.exe runtime broker multiple,
  9. multiple runtimebroker.exe,
  10. why do i have multiple runtime brokers,
  11. why do i have multiple runtime broker,