Windows 10: Multiple Scans and Updates when using Microsoft Security Essentials.

Discus and support Multiple Scans and Updates when using Microsoft Security Essentials. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Win 7 Professional, with 8 GB Ram which I have been using for the last 10 years. Ever since I have owned this Laptop, I have been using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rajdeep218, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Multiple Scans and Updates when using Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have a Win 7 Professional, with 8 GB Ram which I have been using for the last 10 years. Ever since I have owned this Laptop, I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus. Till 2nd February 2021, I have had no issues with M S E which updates and scans my Laptop around 06:00 A.M. on a daily basis.

From 3rd February 2021, I have noticed that MSE has been updating and scanning my Laptop atleast three times a day against the norm of once every 24 hours. I found this very strange. I wish to point out that I have made no changes on my Laptop. The only thing I suspect is that this has started only after the Engine number has changed as under :

Upto 2nd February, 2021 Previous Engine Version was 1.1.17700.4

3rd February 2021 onwards Updated Engine Version is : 1.1.17800.5

MSE, now it seems has been updating definitions and scanning computers on a random basis. I also wish to add that if my Laptop is not connected to the Internet and MSE decides to update definitions at that time, an error is reported as under :

Event ID: 2001 Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures.

I would be keen to know if others are facing the same problem. Would Microsoft take this up in right earnest ?

[Original Title: MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS.]

:)

Rajdeep218, Feb 5, 2021

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Feb 5, 2021
  3. microsoft security essentials

No.

Microsoft Security Essentials is an anti-virus program which is
    not
    compatible with Windows 10. It was created and available for earlier Windows versions (XP, Vista, 7).

Windows 10 comes with in-built anti-virus program Windows Defender

How to Use the Built-in Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10

*************************************************************************************************

You need to do some scans.

See this free, multi-step removal guide:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/web-shield-virus/

In case you can't do step 1, move on with the next steps.

If need be, run multiple scans with each of the tools and also
    reboot after each scan.

Note: You might not need Hitman Pro.

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Multiple Scans and Updates when using Microsoft Security Essentials.

What happen to Microsoft essential can`t do full scan

Hi Javier,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

• Are you talking about Windows Defender or MSE, as in windows 10 we have Windows Defender preinstalled?
    • Do you have any other security software installed?
    • Are you getting any error message/code when it get stuck while performing full scan?
    I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Microsoft Security Essentials hangs during full scan of Windows 7

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Scans and Updates when using Microsoft Security Essentials.

1. Multiple Scans and Updates when using Microsoft Security Essentials. - Similar Threads - Multiple Scans Updates

2. Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete: How do I fix this, it just keeps spinning. I have Windows 10S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-quick-scan-will-not-complete/80a3e010-8eed-4fa1-b4df-29ff171d08af
  3. microsoft essential security update error

microsoft essential security update error: I'm trying to update Microsoft Security Essentials, but when it starts to install the updates, i get an error message. It reads: Error code:0x80240022... Error description: Security essentials couldn't download the definitio updates. This may be caused by missing system file,...
  4. Microsoft security essentials update.

Microsoft security essentials update.: I can't update Microsoft security essentials on windows 7. Help. Please... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-update/ef47ad22-6c49-40f5-8b0d-9a41e41dc5b8
  5. Microsoft security essentials update

Microsoft security essentials update: Hi, I can't update my Microsoft security essentials, error code is 0x80240022. Kindly help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-update/f5e628a9-e39d-46bb-b89c-13c465a24fb2
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials updating

Microsoft Security Essentials updating: Why does the Microsoft Security Essentials update fail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-updating/71484dcd-dcc0-4758-83ee-9b64847b1c6d
  7. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials and scanning

Microsoft Security Essentials and scanning: In my clutter folder I inadvertently clicked on a "banking" link within an email as I was verifying clutter vs legit. The link did not open and was then quarantined by MSE. Trojan Level Severe. I am currently running a full Scan. My question is am I safe? Since it did...
  9. Microsoft Security Essentials scan

Microsoft Security Essentials scan: I am just wondering if it is required to have internet connection to run these scans? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-scan/ac855198-6ff5-46a1-8ee8-74c41fe8d108
  10. security essentials scan

security essentials scan: Is there a facility whereby the computer will be shut down if no problems are found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/security-essentials-scan/52b3e12c-0c8d-444b-a1a2-8ef69b0ac9d0