Windows 10: Multiple screen/monitors recognition

Discus and support Multiple screen/monitors recognition in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My windows 10 no longer recognizes my 3rd monitor. I was able to use 2 of the 3 monitors seamlessly since the upgrade. Recently I figured a way to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alig, Nov 27, 2015.

1. alig Win User

Multiple screen/monitors recognition

My windows 10 no longer recognizes my 3rd monitor. I was able to use 2 of the 3 monitors seamlessly since the upgrade. Recently I figured a way to make my 3rd monitor to light up (by poking around) at the expense of my 2nd monitor.
    How can I make windows 10 to see all 3 monitors?
    If I can't get all 3 monitors working, how can I get my 2nd monitor come to life and give up the 3rd monitor?
    What am I missing in setting these multiple monitors?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

:)

2. No tablet mode with multiple monitors connected

Touch input works fine with multiple monitors, you just have to map the panel to the specific screen. That's not the problem, the tablet mode not being accessible on multiple monitors is.

03digitaleclipse, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Dual monitor , extending

Again? It's like people don't read up on these things before spending money. *grin*

A VGA Splitter does EXACTLY what it says... Splits the VGA signal out to multiple devices. It does not give you the capability of multiple INDIVIDUALLY MANAGED screens/monitors/desktops.

Either your system/video device allows for multiple monitors - or it doesn't. You need more than a SPLITTER (duplicating your output to multiple monitors) to be able to have multiple desktop windows on multiple monitors. ;-)

Shenan Stanley, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi alig:

A quick fix might work:
    Unplug all the monitors from the tower and plug them back in to see if they'll get recongnized again.

Edwin, Nov 27, 2015
  5. alig Win User
    Hi Edwin,
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem.

6. KACI Win User
    You need to provide us with more info. Fill out your system specs as completely as possible.

7. alig Win User
    Hi KACI,
    Thanks for your interest in helping me.
    System Info:
    Dell XPS 8300
    Intell processor i5-2320 CPU @ 3 GHZ
    System type: 64 bit O.S
    All Drivers are updated including the latest AMD drivers for multiple monitors, etc.
    My monitors are:
    1 - Dell (primary) connected via VGA 9 pin d-sub connector (no problem with this one)
    2 - A Westinghouse TV monitor connected via VGA 9 pin d-sub (this one was working fine until I activated the 3rd monitor recently).
    3 - Samsung smart TV connected via HDMI cable (this one works fine)

If I only can have two monitors then I like to have number one and 2

Thanks for your help

8. KACI Win User

If I'm understanding correctly, your connecting all monitors to the internal graphics, and you had them all working at one time. Right?

9. alig Win User
    Before upgrade I was using Windows 7 home edition. All 3 worked, but never at the same time. I was able to use 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 without any problem. Since the upgrade to 10, 1 and 2 were working fine until I figured a way to activate the 3rd one (1 and 3), but I am not able to go back to 2 any more. Thanks

10. KACI Win User
    Your internal gpu may not be powerful enough to handle 3 monitors I use an external for two of mine, and the internal for the third. If you haven't done so, make sure you verify all monitors work and that the cables your using work. Especially the hdmi, I've had issues with them in the past.

11. alig Win User
    Thanks KACI, your idea of my internal gpu may not be able to handle all 3 monitors at the same time was correct apparently. I unplugged one of the monitors (3rd one) and the 2nd one that was in the dark came back on. If I plug the HDMI back in for the 3rd monitor again, then the 2nd one goes dark and the 3rd one works. For now I am happy to have this solution.
    Thanks again for your help.

Thema:

1. Multiple screen/monitors recognition - Similar Threads - Multiple screen monitors

2. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors: Hi,I replaced my second monitor this week. It will only duplicate the laptop screen; it will not extend.In display they show up as one monitor and windows does not detect the new monitor. I've run the windows update and checked the one video adaptor driver that's listed. I...
  3. Multiple monitor screen alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor screen alignment: Does anyone know how to align the screen space when using multiple monitors?How does one set the screens so that the mouse moves smoothly across the different screens?...
  4. Multiple monitor screen alignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor screen alignment: Does anyone know how to align the screen space when using multiple monitors?How does one set the screens so that the mouse moves smoothly across the different screens?...
  5. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  6. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  7. Lock Screen Multiple MOnitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Multiple MOnitors: I have three monitors and recently replaced my desktop computer. On my old system, also running Windows 10 the lock screen and windows Hello screen appeared on the right hand monitor, under my webcam. With the new computer the lock screen and Windows Hello is now on the...
  8. Multiple Face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multiple Face recognition: Face recognition is allowing more than one person though i have set it for myself only. Its a security breach. How i can report this and get assisted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-face-recognition/f3d60038-6846-4e5d-9d7d-b0c854cd5a34
  9. Multiple monitors and screen freezing/stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors and screen freezing/stuttering: I have started to use a second HDMI monitor with my Acer ES1521 laptop. Initially windows did not detect the second monitor, but when it eventually detected the monitor it downloaded a driver update, and the second monitor started. Since the update, the displays both show a...
  10. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...