Windows 10: Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user

Discus and support Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeyKeys, May 16, 2019.

1. HeyKeys Win User

Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user

Dear All,

I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS file explorer. The files are pictures, which I watch in view "extra large icons" to be sure I select the correct ones.

Under "view" I have selected the option "Item check boxes". Despite of this, it is very hard to select with fingers multiple files for an operation (e.g. move): When you click in a box with your finger, in general it leads to the unselection of another file you had clicked previously. Sometimes it works: you manage to select two files at the same time, but the risk is high that when you select a third box/file, you loose all the selections, and end up only with the third box ticked.

Of course when you have a keyboard, it is easy to select multiple files using the control key. However the idea of a tablet is to use only the fingers.

Mutliple selection works better when I select the "content" view" instead of extra large icons. Not sure why. However the problem in such a case is that the pictures are very small, so I cannot really see if I am selecting the correct file or not.... I need to be able to do selection in "extra large icons" or "large icons".

So to summarize: it seems that multiple selection of pictures using only touch in MS file explorer is very difficult. Android seems to have a much better solution (MS could learn from ES file explorer).

Or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

:)

HeyKeys, May 16, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, May 16, 2019
  3. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, May 16, 2019
  4. Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user

Surface Pro Touch Keyboard default under Windows 10

Hi Rose,

Sorry for replying to you late.

I would suggest you to Disable Tablet Mode.

Try the following steps:

• Click on Search icon on task bar, type Tablet Mode Settings and select it from the options
    • Turn off the settings that says "Make Windows more touch friendly"

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user

1. Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user - Similar Threads - Multiple selection touch

2. Activate Windows 11 tablet mode touch monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 11 tablet mode touch monitor: Hello, We have Windows 10 in tablet mode at our factory so far. This consists of a Dell fat client and the touch monitors : Dell 2424HT Dell 2418HT After the update to Windows 11, the tab mode is switched off and I now see a "normal" Windows 11 look. Is it possible to...
  3. Edge on Windows is deprecating "Web Select" which will hurt touch/tablet users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge on Windows is deprecating "Web Select" which will hurt touch/tablet users.: submitted by /u/NIVEA_GeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16kbxuu/edge_on_windows_is_deprecating_web_select_which/
  4. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard: Hi all,I have an issue with touch screen virtual keyboard not On screen keyboard, that in one user tablet it's perfectly fine but on two users tablet the layout is little bit differnet.The tablets are identically.Is there any config in registry that i can change that change...
  5. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard: Hi all,I have an issue with touch screen virtual keyboard not On screen keyboard, that in one user tablet it's perfectly fine but on two users tablet the layout is little bit differnet.The tablets are identically.Is there any config in registry that i can change that change...
  6. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  7. tablet mode with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tablet mode with multiple displays: I believe this is a known issue with Windows 10 -- that tablet mode is deactivated if the computer has multiple displays. Has anyone devised a workaround?...
  8. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  9. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows show multiple windows in tablet mode

2. how to select multiple files in explorer in tablet mode

3. Windows 10 multi select in tablet mode

4. windows 10 tablet mode multiselect,
  5. select multiple photpshop tablet mode,
  6. multiple selection windows 10 tablet mode