Windows 10: Multiple sequential BSODs

Discus and support Multiple sequential BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Only recently I started having this problem. I know basic computers so if you want something extra just give me a guide or something. Anyways,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CompX, Sep 1, 2016.

1. CompX Win User

Multiple sequential BSODs

Only recently I started having this problem. I know basic computers so if you want something extra just give me a guide or something.
    Anyways, sometimes when I launch a game my computer bluescreens. It gives me the DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. Then it doesn't reboot even after 2 hours. Once I force my computer off and launch it again it bluescreens again saying that there was a problem with iastoreA.sys. This keeps happening every time I launch Battlefield 1 (which used to work earlier)

:)

CompX, Sep 1, 2016

2. bsod - IRQL not less or equal

Running the system file check /scannow multiple times resulted in "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" each time.

The DISM was run sequentially as /CheckHealth, /ScanHealth, and /RestoreHealth, and each time produced "No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully."

Yesterday I ran Memtest86+ for 10 complete passes (12+ hours for 4x4 GB) with no resulting errors.

So no clear indicators yet.

jimmytalk37, Sep 1, 2016
  3. PiVoR Win User
    Storage pools, update pool with RAID10

Storage Spaces also writes some "meta" data to the drives. This meta data is the checksums for the data blocks. It's basically overhead for data protection. Try copying more data to see whether this
    is still the case. I will help you troubleshoot it.

Yea, it uses 1gb per drive for meta data, after that everything goes normally.

And im pretty curious about speeds, this is what i get with hardware raid 10:

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 270.186 MB/s

Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 283.350 MB/s

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 6.603 MB/s [ 1612.1 IOPS]

Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 3.732 MB/s [ 911.1 IOPS]

Sequential Read (T= 1) : 282.064 MB/s

Sequential Write (T= 1) : 282.045 MB/s

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 1.600 MB/s [ 390.6 IOPS]

Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 3.672 MB/s [ 896.5 IOPS]

This is what i get with 2 level mirror refs storage pool:

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 129.761 MB/s

Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 119.085 MB/s

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 2.512 MB/s [ 613.3 IOPS]

Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 1.238 MB/s [ 302.2 IOPS]

Sequential Read (T= 1) : 132.336 MB/s

Sequential Write (T= 1) : 120.378 MB/s

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 0.607 MB/s [ 148.2 IOPS]

Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 1.167 MB/s [ 284.9 IOPS]

And this is my current config with cheated RAID10:

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 305.170 MB/s

Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 189.530 MB/s

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 3.434 MB/s [ 838.4 IOPS]

Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 2.053 MB/s [ 501.2 IOPS]

Sequential Read (T= 1) : 246.429 MB/s

Sequential Write (T= 1) : 192.102 MB/s

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 0.520 MB/s [ 127.0 IOPS]

Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 1.926 MB/s [ 470.2 IOPS]

The diffrenece in speed with 2level mirror storage pool is pretty insane :/.

PiVoR, Sep 1, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi and welcome.

Can you give us the recent history of your PC. What did you last do in terms of drivers or hardware that may have got this going.

Are you overclocking. If so you may want to reset to stock and see if that resolves the problem.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple sequential BSODs - Similar Threads - Multiple sequential BSODs

2. Multiple BSoD and Multiple Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSoD and Multiple Errors: I get multiple around 15-20 in a single day BSoD with different kind of errors. And when I check the event viewer after the restart I get this type of error each time. I don't know what it is. A previous post I made about this error, people said something is wrong with my...
  3. File transfer sequential order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer sequential order: I have many large running actions of file transfers, is it possible to switch these to complete sequentially? Rather than all of them completing at the same time which slows down each individual action....
  4. Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples: I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc 1 and two named abc 2 and this will go on for many file names. I have tried setting a start number...still happens. I cannot find a solution....
  5. Multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD: Hello, I have been getting random BSOD every couple of days and have not been able to figure out the cause. No new changes have been made to the PC. I've had 3 BSOD today and am in need of help. I've used Windows Memory tool and found no issues and ran sfc /scannow which...
  6. Sequential data transfer

Sequential data transfer: I have 3 separate external HDD connected to my PC that I use to back up photos. Each drive is just a replicant of the other. Once I load photos onto the PC, I copy to the 1st drive, then the 2nd, etc. Is there a way to program Windows 10 to automatically copy the same content...
  7. Multiple BSODs

Multiple BSODs: Hi, So I have been recently plagued by multiple bsods happening consistenly, and it's driving me insane. Some error are SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and so on. This is usually...
  8. Multiple BSOD's

Multiple BSOD's: Hello, Last month i had my PSU replaced and added 2 RAM's since then i had some BSOD's related to ntoskrnl.exe (it might be not related to ram though) so i'm posting them here since i don't understand that much about these issues. Some of them are related to driver...
  9. Multiple BSODs

Multiple BSODs: For the past month I have had multiple BSODs. They generally happen during the first 15 mins of a game. Things I have done to try and remedy the situation. tested my ram with memtest and it comes out clean. Cleaned out PC reinstalled GPU drivers tried beta GPU drivers...
  10. Upgrading Non-sequential builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Non-sequential builds: If you have build 9841 installed and try upgrading to build 9879 via the normal upgrade path, you'll get this: This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and relaunch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice. However...