Windows 10: Multiple "Setup" Processes

Discus and support Multiple "Setup" Processes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Recently I've been experiencing a ton of processes popping up in task manager called "setup/uninstall". I'm not currently installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesMegna, May 11, 2019.

1. Multiple "Setup" Processes

Hey everyone,

Recently I've been experiencing a ton of processes popping up in task manager called "setup/uninstall". I'm not currently installing software or updating anything, and it looks look a CMD window keeps opening for a microsecond and then immediately closes. Sometimes when this happens I lose functionality on my track pad. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Multiple "Setup" Processes 3eb492d3-be6e-4b81-b9b2-560e0080083b?upload=true.jpg

:)

JamesMegna, May 11, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 11, 2019
  3. Thelps Win User
    TCPView shows multiple [System Process] network connections...

The list has a huge variation of IPs. I haven't noted any pattern in what IPs appear.

Could you suggest how I could identify this process or set of processes referred to as [System Process]?

Thelps, May 11, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Multiple "Setup" Processes

Multiple iexplore.exe processes running

Hello Den,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by Don Varnau replied on May 27, 2014 and check if it helps.

Why do multiple [at least 2] iexplore.exe processes start when opening First IE window?

Why do multiple [at least 2] iexplore.exe processes start when opening First IE window?

Reply us back with results. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Multiple "Setup" Processes

1. Multiple "Setup" Processes - Similar Threads - Multiple Setup Processes

2. Multiple Monitor Setup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Monitor Setup Issue: Trying to set up a ROKU TV to be a second display-only monitor on Windows 11. My primary monitor is connected to HDMI-1. Connected the ROKU TV to HDMI-2 on the PC. When setting this up, I accidentally chose "Display on 2 only" option. Now, my primary monitor works fine until...
  3. Multiple Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Computer Setup: To whom that may concern,I want to setup a multiple computer layout.I have a laptop computer that includes 2 usb ports and an HDMI port, a monitor that has a HDMI port and a VGI port, and a monitor that has only a VGA port.I was trying to set the layout, but I do not see...
  4. Multiple Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Computer Setup: To whom that may concern,I want to setup a multiple computer layout.I have a laptop computer that includes 2 usb ports and an HDMI port, a monitor that has a HDMI port and a VGI port, and a monitor that has only a VGA port.I was trying to set the layout, but I do not see...
  5. Multiple Computer Setup

6. Multiple Process failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Process failures: Hello...I've got a situation where pretty much everything is crashing as I open it. Some of them are 3rd party CPU Temp, Razer Synapse, but Windows Shell Common Dll crashes when open the sound Sound box, System Protection Settings crashes when I try to access System restore,...
  7. Multiple Process failures

Multiple Process failures: Hello...I've got a situation where pretty much everything is crashing as I open it. Some of them are 3rd party CPU Temp, Razer Synapse, but Windows Shell Common Dll crashes when open the sound Sound box, System Protection Settings crashes when I try to access System restore,...
  8. Multiple Process failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Multiple Monitor setup not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Monitor setup not working: Hi, I have a frustrating problem with windows and a new laptop running multiple monitors. I have 2 monitors that I would like to run, both are WQHD standard and happy to run at 2560x1440 resolution - a Samsung LC32JG50 and a Iiyama E2783QSU The new laptop is for work, and...
  10. Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running: I have approximately 95 instances of "Setup/Unistall (32 bit) running...they are constantly ending and new ones created - but randomly. I can highlight any one and within seconds it has been moved down or up (showing other instances are coming and going) or it will disappear...