Windows 10: Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running

Discus and support Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have approximately 95 instances of "Setup/Unistall (32 bit) running...they are constantly ending and new ones created - but randomly. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JerryGilbert2, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running

I have approximately 95 instances of "Setup/Unistall (32 bit) running...they are constantly ending and new ones created - but randomly. I can highlight any one and within seconds it has been moved down or up (showing other instances are coming and going) or it will disappear (seldom the one I have highlighted will end). Can anyone explain this process to me?

Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running 21eb95a2-9a37-4d4a-87c4-65028dab5504?upload=true.png

:)

JerryGilbert2, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Yakovlev Win User

windows 10 32 or 64 bit ?

The responses on this seem to be not totally consistent.

If you are willing to jump through hoops such as installing Windows 10 multiple times, some of which would be clean installs, is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit using the free upgrade?

I'm thinking a process something like:

Step 1: Upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit.

Step 2: Clean Re-install Windows 10, but opt to install as 64-bit.

Yakovlev, Mar 10, 2019
  3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Mar 10, 2019
  4. GObonzo Win User

Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running

"CTFLoader (32 bit)" process running

I see many users online asking about this process, CTFLoader (32 bit), a lot thinking it is malware.

This thread describes what exactly it is, but no one seems to know what "alternate input" triggers it to run and start loading with Windows.

CTF Loader (32 bit) (ctfmon.exe) What is this? Is it a virus or malware? (Windows 8.1)

Though I still haven't found any software or device installed that would trigger this to start loading recently, i have found how to stop it without renaming or removing the file(in case it may be needed later).

In Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > TextServicesFramework

The task is labeled MsCtfMonitor, Right-click > Properties, and change to disabled or any custom trigger you desire. I have left it at "When the task is created or modified" hoping that will allow it to be run if necessary.

I would still like to know what exactly would cause this process to be triggered and change it's setting to start with log on of any user. It was never running over the passed year+ of Windows 10 installation.

GObonzo, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running

1. Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running - Similar Threads - Multiple Setup Uninstall

2. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup: Anyone know why this setup/uninstall 32 bit app keeps opening on startup?The powershell file location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 which shows powershell.exeThe Setup file location is: C:\Users\Darrow\AppData\Local\Temp\is-TS9PE.tmp which shows...
  3. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup: Anyone know why this setup/uninstall 32 bit app keeps opening on startup?The powershell file location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 which shows powershell.exeThe Setup file location is: C:\Users\Darrow\AppData\Local\Temp\is-TS9PE.tmp which shows...
  4. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ColorMania 32 bit Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ColorMania 32 bit Process: ColorMania 32 bit Process is running on my PC and causing high Disk usage.On opening the file location, the containing folder is empty. The name given to it in its properties is "GoogleDiagnostics.exe" and is Copyright by "Blacksun Software".I tried uninstalling it but I'm...
  6. Apps running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps running in 32 bit: Ok so, i had a windows 10 32 bit installed on my pc first, then i reinstalled windows to 10 64 bit, i wiped everything clean. why is every app i just installed running on 32 bit??. please help! submitted by /u/butcrackz [link] [comments]...
  7. Multiple "Setup" Processes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple "Setup" Processes: Hey everyone, Recently I've been experiencing a ton of processes popping up in task manager called "setup/uninstall". I'm not currently installing software or updating anything, and it looks look a CMD window keeps opening for a microsecond and then immediately closes....
  8. x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer.: I doubt it would work, but can you install 64-Bit Windows (preferably Windows7 or 10) on a 32-Bit processer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/x64-windows-on-a-32-bit-processer/3f58f4a8-2339-42e7-8162-4298272cc883
  9. 32 Bit games not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32 Bit games not running: So fairly recently I thought of downloading a old game I used to play all the time on my moms windows XP computer The game is called magic inlay and it played perfectly on XP I downloaded it off the same exact site and everything so I'm sure it's not the game. The game is...
  10. See if Process is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. If you have a 32-bit Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setup/uninstall 32 bits

2. setup/uninstall 32 bit

3. setup uninstall 32 bit

4. cu usage 100 setup/uninstall (32 bit),
  5. uninstall windo process 32 bit,
  6. setup\uninstall (32 bit),
  7. setup/uninstall 32 bit virus