Windows 10: Multiple suspended processes issue

Discus and support Multiple suspended processes issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm experiencing the following issue: when I close certain apps, it doesn't matter which ones, it happens with apps from various vendors and types, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric Vasco, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Multiple suspended processes issue

I'm experiencing the following issue: when I close certain apps, it doesn't matter which ones, it happens with apps from various vendors and types, the apps won't entirely close, but go into a "suspended" state, according to Task Manager, and their processes can't be terminated because it says "access denied". They remain there for the entire day and the only thing that causes them to go away is to restart Windows. Any files they hold a lock on can't be moved, deleted or renamed, and it's really annoying. Is this a Windows bug or something? It started happening after I upgraded to Windows 10 20H2. Thanks in advance.

OS version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64 19042.631.

:)

Eric Vasco, Nov 22, 2020

2. Multiple suspended explorer.exe processes

Hi,

If you are experiencing multiple suspended explorer.exe processes, we suggest that you perform a clean boot in your computer.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

To perform a clean boot follow the link below:

Windows 10 Clean Boot

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 22, 2020
  4. ExcelJedi Win User

Multiple suspended processes issue

Multiple suspended explorer.exe processes

I have recently bought a MSI laptop, a GS63VR gaming laptop. When I launch the task manager I see multiple instances of the suspended explorer.exe processes.

Is there any way to fix this?

This is happening on Windows 10 64bit home edition.

Multiple suspended processes issue 6784d782-84ea-452a-8304-4dcf02616f81.png

ExcelJedi, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Multiple suspended processes issue

1. Multiple suspended processes issue - Similar Threads - Multiple suspended processes

2. Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?: Generally, my Windows 10 laptop's fan spins profusely, and CPU usage jumps, at random intervals. I've targeted the sppsvc.exe process "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service" as the culprit (I hate Windows). What I tend to do is painstakingly bring up the Resource...
  3. Why slow when suspend a process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why slow when suspend a process: In order to make the machine faster, I tried to suspend the Box Sync process with PsSuspend command or Process Explorer. But during suspending the process, the response of Windows becomes slow. For example, clicking Explorer icon in Start menu, the Explorer starts...
  4. Processes in Task master marked as suspended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Processes in Task master marked as suspended: On 26th May a Microsoft screen appeared saying I had 3 viruses in my system and should click and run the scan shown. I did so but within 40 or so seconds realisesd web page was not Micrsoft but www.boretime.pro. I shutdown the browser and my laptop. On restarting used MacAfee...
  5. Windows 10 Process frozen / suspended

Windows 10 Process frozen / suspended: windows 10 (since version 1803) started to suspend some processes randomly upon launching them, or at certain times. this happens for some games I have when I launch them, to google chrome if I open certain URLs(the same URL works fine on edge, though), or even some...
  6. Resume/Suspend Process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...
  7. Apps/processes being suspended!

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps/processes being suspended!: [img] I can't figure out why, but randomly my computer has started suspending processes I try to start, for no reason I can think of. I have scanned my PC multiple times fully, there is no virus, but I can't think of a reason it would be doing this. It is incredibly...
  8. Multiple Suspended Process causing computer to jump from app to app - I think

Multiple Suspended Process causing computer to jump from app to app - I think: My computer is jumping from one application to another and opening up application without me launching the app. I went to the Task Manager to attempt to figure out what could possibly happening or ending a task that may be causing the problem (I really don't know what I'm...
  9. multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install

multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install: I had multiple processes suspended for apparently no reason. The machine was really slow. I tried a clean install of win 10. Now running 1803 build 17134.191. This is a clean install, I have not installed any other software. The following processes are suspended:...
  10. Processes Becoming Suspended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes Becoming Suspended: For some reason starting about a week ago certain processes occasionally become suspended on my laptop. I'm running Windows 10x64 Pro on a Sager laptop with 16 GB of RAM and then i7 processor. The processor becomes suspended varies but IE 11 is one of the ones that become...