Windows 10: Multiple suspended processes issue

Discus and support Multiple suspended processes issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm experiencing the following issue: when I close certain apps, it doesn't matter which ones, it happens with apps from various vendors and types, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric Vasco, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Multiple suspended processes issue

I'm experiencing the following issue: when I close certain apps, it doesn't matter which ones, it happens with apps from various vendors and types, the apps won't entirely close, but go into a "suspended" state, according to Task Manager, and their processes can't be terminated because it says "access denied". They remain there for the entire day and the only thing that causes them to go away is to restart Windows. Any files they hold a lock on can't be moved, deleted or renamed, and it's really annoying. Is this a Windows bug or something? It started happening after I upgraded to Windows 10 20H2. Thanks in advance.

OS version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64 19042.631.

:)

Eric Vasco, Nov 22, 2020

2. Multiple suspended explorer.exe processes

Hi,

If you are experiencing multiple suspended explorer.exe processes, we suggest that you perform a clean boot in your computer.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

To perform a clean boot follow the link below:

Windows 10 Clean Boot

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 22, 2020
  4. ExcelJedi Win User

Multiple suspended processes issue

Multiple suspended explorer.exe processes

I have recently bought a MSI laptop, a GS63VR gaming laptop. When I launch the task manager I see multiple instances of the suspended explorer.exe processes.

Is there any way to fix this?

This is happening on Windows 10 64bit home edition.

Multiple suspended processes issue 6784d782-84ea-452a-8304-4dcf02616f81.png

ExcelJedi, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Multiple suspended processes issue

1. Multiple suspended processes issue - Similar Threads - Multiple suspended processes

2. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  3. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  4. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  5. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. UWP suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP suspending processes: Task Manager : Green Leaf Icon : "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance".This is the current problem. I require some tools to run for longer times or easiest of all a windows search over say 10,000+ files. After a few minutes UWP...
  7. Process suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Process suspended: Does anyone know how to fix the problem with windows suspending my game (League of Legends) in task manager? It started when I updated it on ~23.3.2021 (I can't find the update anymore in update history), and one of the things I tried is to delete that update, but it was not...
  8. Suspended process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspended process: Hi, With the latest update i can't open any application preseinstalled in the OS. Like if i start services.msc the process will be suspended or if i try to reset, the OS, from the settings menu it will never allow me to finish because the process will be suspended. If i...
  9. Resume/Suspend Process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...
  10. Processes Becoming Suspended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes Becoming Suspended: For some reason starting about a week ago certain processes occasionally become suspended on my laptop. I'm running Windows 10x64 Pro on a Sager laptop with 16 GB of RAM and then i7 processor. The processor becomes suspended varies but IE 11 is one of the ones that become...