Windows 10: Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting

Discus and support Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got up this morning to my PC having issues. The wireless card I was using was disabled. I installed it a few months ago because I was getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by messyhair42, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting

I got up this morning to my PC having issues. The wireless card I was using was disabled. I installed it a few months ago because I was getting interference and therefore a very slow internet connection in the 2.4 ghz band in a multi unit building and my old card doesn't carry 5 ghz signals. I just left the old card in and disabled it under settings-wifi and told it to prefer the 5 ghz band network. Using the device manager didn't help get it working so I restart thinking that'll help. Then the computer stalls on the windows loading screen (after bios and before login prompt) so I hit the restart button, it sends me to diagnostics and just restarts to stall in the same place. I was able to start in safe mode with networking. I'm on the old network which is pretty bad but was able to find a download for the driver for the new network card, which windows tells me is already the best available and I can't enable it.

What can I do to fix the booting issue, I wasn't given any error codes? What do I need to do to fix the new wireless card?

:)

messyhair42, Mar 30, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

I don't know what you did to fix previously but with the commands above should rebuild the the partition unless the partition itself is corrupted preventing you to run those commands.
    Let's try another way:

1. Download the Macrium Rescue disk: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive
    2. Using a USB stick to create a bootable USB with: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    3. Boot up the PC with UEFI Mode and follow the screen shots to rebuild the EFI System partition.
      NOTE: The title must show: ..... Win PE 10 [UEFI] for step 3 to work since your Windows installed with GPT disk.
    IMPORTANT: make sure you use the correct disk in step 2, in your case is disk 1

Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting [​IMG]

Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Trouble with ejected SD card

Hi Mahnaz,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. Since it did not help, I recommend you to go to the Disk Management and check if the drive are detecting on the system.

Press Windows + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the box and hit
    Enter.

I also suggest you to connect the SD card in different system and check if it is working.

Lets’ try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. I suggest you to connect the SD card to the system and run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting

Windows 10, Boot error 0xc000014c

I've tried this but get, "the system cannot find the path specified", after inputting each CMD line.

Lord Gabalfa, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting

1. Multiple system errors, wireless card and trouble booting - Similar Threads - Multiple system errors

2. Is it a failing wireless card?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it a failing wireless card?!: So...what exactly is going on? Here're two of many scenarios.One, I pull up a website. All good. I then click to navigate somewhere on said site and my browser suddenly says the site can't be reached. Not good. Upon either waiting several seconds or, more often, me refreshing...
  3. Is it a failing wireless card?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it a failing wireless card?!: So...what exactly is going on? Here're two of many scenarios.One, I pull up a website. All good. I then click to navigate somewhere on said site and my browser suddenly says the site can't be reached. Not good. Upon either waiting several seconds or, more often, me refreshing...
  4. wireless card driver

wireless card driver: how can I install wireless card driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-card-driver/8da5bddb-e82a-461b-be37-a40738b5d805
  5. booting error on SD card

booting error on SD card: I have a Mira writer for court reporting. I have formatted older SD cards that I have used previously and they do say they are formatted, but when I insert them into my Mira writer they give me a message saying "Error in booting SD card." How can I fix this issue?...
  6. Trouble booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trouble booting: Most of the time when i boot up my computer the screen will not turn on the keyboard & mouse light up and what i presume is the motherboard as it does not have built in speakers beeps once if i keep turning the computer off and on again eventually the screen comes on the...
  7. Intel Wireless Card

Intel Wireless Card: I am using dell inspiron 7559. I just upgraded my wifi card to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. But I am not getting the 5g speed. I have the latest driver. I am facing this problem only one windows. When I switch to ubuntu I get 200 Mbps speed. But when I switch to windows...
  8. multiple window system errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple window system errors: my laptop has not been used in months now I can't get Windows to load and get multiple system errors can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-window-system-errors/4a9cec7b-e48e-4d1c-9251-496888ee2521
  9. Replace wireless card with wireless + Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace wireless card with wireless + Bluetooth?: I have decided to fix up my older laptop instead of buying a new one. I recently added RAM & a new hard drive, 1TB, 7200 RPM with Advanced Formatting. I would like to know if I can replace my wireless card with with a wireless/Bluetooth card. I currently have a Realtek...
  10. Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI: Hi, So I thought I'd sling a new disk in my system. And then the OS wasn't seeing it so instead of looking in disk manager I just swapped the cables for my D: drive and powered on. The boot config was missing and Win 10 wouldn't boot. Somehow my D: drive had been set as a...