Windows 10: Multiple USB boot drive

Discus and support Multiple USB boot drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Is there a way to have a single USB drive (thumb / external HDD / etc.) that allows a choice which, say, partition I want to boot from. Example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matt316, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Matt316 Win User

Multiple USB boot drive

Hi.

Is there a way to have a single USB drive (thumb / external HDD / etc.) that allows a choice which, say, partition I want to boot from. Example reason: having several recovery OSs (Hirens / Kaspersky / Win10 (x86 / x64) some or all) all on one drive, but independently bootable. this would save having several drives.

Matt

:)

Matt316, Apr 25, 2020
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Multiple USB boot drive nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Multiple USB boot drive

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Multiple USB boot drive

1. Multiple USB boot drive - Similar Threads - Multiple USB boot

2. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...
  3. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  4. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  5. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Boot options with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot options with multiple drives.: Question for you guys from basically a Windows rookie. I have been on linux and osx for about 15 years now so a lot of stuff has changed. I was recently given a new work laptop with win10 to use from home and was actually pretty happy because of the nice size screen on it....
  7. Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!: The following is a copy of a usb booting issue when I started using Windows 10 in 2017. I use Casper 10 to create my bootable backup copies of the primary drive. In the event the primary crashes (which happens often due to the experiments I may be conducting), I can boot to...
  8. Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!: The following is a copy of a usb booting issue when I started using Windows 10 in 2017. I use Casper 10 to create my bootable backup copies of the primary drive. In the event the primary crashes (which happens often due to the experiments I may be conducting), I can boot to...
  9. Booting from USB Drive

Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...
  10. Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected

Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected: Thank you... Just running through that option again must have done something as everything was set as expected. Went into Set-up and first confirmed boot order. 1st Boot - CD / DVD 2nd Boot - Hard Disk WDC .... Also went into Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities to...