Windows 10: Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching

Discus and support Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, At our business we transfer files to multiple memory sticks on the same PC. We're running windows 10, and have two USB extender hubs which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mountaincabbage, Oct 2, 2018.

1. mountaincabbage Win User

Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching

Hello All,

At our business we transfer files to multiple memory sticks on the same PC. We're running windows 10, and have two USB extender hubs which have 4 usb ports each. I've found on multiple windows 10 PCs, that over time bugs develop in the transfers which causes a few different errors:
    1) USBs will malfunction and become unrecognisable (just to this PC, usually not others)
    2) Error message 'An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file..... 0x80070022
    3) Error message - USB disconnects and I get the storage device is no longer available.

I've done some googling and I can't seem to find any information about this issue. Can anyone shed any light as to why this may be happening or if there is a more reliable solution for transferring files to USB.

Thanks,
    Sean

:)

mountaincabbage, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

Transfer of photos from pc to memory stick with windows 10

Hello Chrisnan,

As you are facing issues with transferring the photos to memory stick on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you connected the memory stick to your computer (confirm to us)?
    • Were you able to detect the memory stick on your computer (File Explorer)?

I would like to inform that to transfer the photos to memory stick, connect the device to the computer, make sure it is detected and able to access it.

Select the photos you wish to transfer, right click on those, you will find
    Send to
    option, over the mouse on top of it to find the devices to transfer the photos.

If the device is not detected, try to connect to different ports (if accessing via USB ports). This will let us know if the issue is with ports on your computer.

Also, try to connect the memory stick to different computer and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the memory stick.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status with transferring the photos for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Michael Rey Win User
    Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User

Windows 10 Problem with usb port and old memory stick

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Does the issue occur when u try with different USB drive?
    • Did you install all the pending Windows update?

I suggest you to first try and check with different USB Memory stick and check if the same issue occurs. Also try using your current USB memory stick in different USB port and check. Also install all the pending Windows
    updates and check. You can also try using the Memory stick on another system and check if its working fine.

For now, you can try updating the drivers of the Memory Stick and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

1. Right click on
    Start button, select Device Manager andEnter.

2. Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.

3. Right click on the Memory stich device and click on
    Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching - Similar Threads - Multiple USB memory

2. Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching: Hello All, At our business we transfer files to multiple memory sticks on the same PC. We're running windows 10, and have two USB extender hubs which have 4 usb ports each. I've found on multiple windows 10 PCs, that over time bugs develop in the transfers which causes a few...
  3. memory stick problem

memory stick problem: when I but the persons memory stick I had a problem can you help me how do you take the info from the memory stick from the other computer like wipe it off because when I go to office or others it show the other persons profile name....
  4. Cloning to USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning to USB memory stick: Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure? 117190
  5. Cloning to USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning to USB memory stick: Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure? 117190
  6. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  7. USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?: Something has happened that seemingly only allows the the USB Mass Storage Device driver structure (?) to be used once per boot... I can use a single memory stick once - after that all storage devices (including the first if it's unplugged) will be detected ("Devices and...
  8. Stop System Volume Information on USB Memory Stick?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop System Volume Information on USB Memory Stick?: Hello ALL: I keep seeing "solutions" to not having my system...64 Bit Win 10 PRO...create a System Volume Information Folder. I only want to do this on USB Memory Sticks so that when I use them in our cars the folder is not there. It keeps adding it whenever I format the USB...
  9. Expected transfer rate Windows 10 to USB 3.0 Stick

Expected transfer rate Windows 10 to USB 3.0 Stick: Bonjour, I am questionning a lot the usual transfer rate Windows offers for different file transfers. For example, what transfer rate should I expect from Windows 10 USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 Kingston stick. I know Kingston are not the top of the line but they are far from...
  10. USB memory stick random behaviour

USB memory stick random behaviour: I've found windows 10 is a bit random with USB memory stick. Previously under win7, some memory sticks work on the USB3 ports, some didn't, generally most worked on the USB2. Win7 was consistent with the various memory stick, same stick worked or didn't work in the USB ports....