Windows 10: Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control

Discus and support Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always like to set my system sounds volume to a very low setting. After other users in my family login in and presumably make changes to their sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dick Jagger, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control

I always like to set my system sounds volume to a very low setting. After other users in my family login in and presumably make changes to their sound settings, mine are also effected when I login back in. How to prevent this from happening?

Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control [​IMG]

:)

Dick Jagger, Nov 12, 2015

2. Volume mixer system sounds doesn't work right

After the Windows 10 upgrade, I have the same issue. With volume mixer opened, the system sound level is as adjusted. When volume mixer is closed the sound goes up to an annoying high level. (By example: User account control warning). The system sound volume
    setting is kept in the mixer, but when closed it is not interpreted by the system.

I have Realtek High Definition Audio installed, and udated the driver to the latest available version 6.0.1.7571, but this has no effect.

FerrySimons, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Forrest S Win User
    Windows 10 Volume of the User Account Control notification sound is always very high.

I found this is a bug known to the community, if not Microsoft developers. My solution was to set the event sound to (none) in the Windows sound settings.

Open Settings and search for "sounds" and select "Change system sounds"

In the Program Events section scroll to Windows > Windows User Account Control

Click on User Account Controls and set the Sounds selection to (none)

You will never be bothered by the UAC sound again. The UAC protection of your PC will not be affected.

Best!

Forrest

Edit:

I just tested and confirmed you can change the sound used and it will respect the system volume setting. For some reason the default sound does not. It just plays at the speaker level and does not use the system sound level as it should.

Forrest S, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control

1. Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control - Similar Threads - Multiple User accounts

2. Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control: For the last week or two, Windows 10 has no sound and no way to control the volume. No way to adjust the volume. The volume control simply doesn't work. The volume control slider doesn't even appear when I click it!!!If I restart my PC, the problem will go away, but after a...
  3. Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control: For the last week or two, Windows 10 has no sound and no way to control the volume. No way to adjust the volume. The volume control simply doesn't work. The volume control slider doesn't even appear when I click it!!!If I restart my PC, the problem will go away, but after a...
  4. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  5. System Sound but it's low volume?

System Sound but it's low volume?: Hey! I've been using my PC and today, for some reason the system sounds, for example the "run as administrator" pop-up one, are low volume. [ATTACH] Got the volume in 47 or something like that and the Google Chrome, Discord, etc were high volume, so I dont think it was...
  6. No sound but volume is still controllable. Realtek.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound but volume is still controllable. Realtek.: Hi guys, I've entered this forum to find, hopefully, a solution to this issue that is driving me nuts. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, recenty reinstalled on a tottaly formatted and wiped disk, on an OEM notebook which motherboard is the C15B. I've installed latest Realtek...
  7. Sound (lack of)

Sound (lack of): Hello all. I woke up today with no audio on my computer. A little background: After years of making do on Windows XP, in 2019 I found a local PC tech guy who made house calls to repair and/or upgrade. I asked him to install Windows 10. After picking up my comp, he later...
  8. multiple user accounts

multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...
  9. USB Sound, or lack of it

USB Sound, or lack of it: I am having an issue trying to get my USB PnP Sound adapter to work. I see mic levels changing on the Sound Device tab, don't hear anything. I have changed a number of settings, but can not get the mic and sound playback to come together. Is there something written down that...
  10. Lack of sound !

Lack of sound !: I no longer have any sound . I unplugged the speakers once when the computer was on and have tried to plug them back in but there appears to be no response . It even says that a device has been unplugged even when one is there .Please help !...