Windows 10: Multiple user accounts need to delete

Discus and support Multiple user accounts need to delete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm helping a friend, who knows nothing about computers, set up their new Win 10 machine. I'll spare the details as to how I did it, but there are now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VernetteHilbert, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Multiple user accounts need to delete

I'm helping a friend, who knows nothing about computers, set up their new Win 10 machine. I'll spare the details as to how I did it, but there are now several user accounts, including two administrator ones in my name. I want to delete ALL user accounts and start fresh with no association to my name and only one account in her name. Would it be easiest to do a clean install of Win 10? Any pointers for doing that? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

:)

VernetteHilbert, Dec 2, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Dec 2, 2019
  3. How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Multiple user accounts need to delete

Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Multiple user accounts need to delete

1. Multiple user accounts need to delete - Similar Threads - Multiple user accounts

2. help needed please, cannot delete a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help needed please, cannot delete a user account: i have purchased a new laptop for my 10 yr old daughter. I signed in to my microsoft account and set my daughter as a family member so i can safeguard her usage.I messed around with the settings as i saw her account was shown as a local account and i wanted her to have access...
  3. Need help deleting a user folder that has no user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting a user folder that has no user account: I already deleted a user account, I chose the option to delete files along with the user but for some reason the folder stays and the appdata is still there taking up 31gb of space. I'm trying to delete it but it is not working at all. I tried taking ownership, disable read...
  4. Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts: Hello folks, I am in great need to clean house. I need to clean up my user accounts and keep only one user. I don't know how I got to this through time. I need to clean up and make a new image of my system again. Please see the attached images for clarity. I need to keep and...
  5. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  6. I need to delete a user account

I need to delete a user account: how to delete a user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-a-user-account/c605bc4c-da89-4442-a5c3-d1217abfd189
  7. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  8. Multiple accounts deletion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multiple accounts deletion: I have multiple user accounts on my laptop. I want to remove one and even though I have done factory set, it still shows up, but more often than not it disappears off the login screen. I've gone through Settings - Accounts and the only account that is showing is the one I...
  9. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...
  10. I need to recover a deleted user account..

I need to recover a deleted user account..: I recently had to pawn my laptop computer to be able to pay my rent, I picked it back up yesterday and noticed that since they assumed I was not going to pick it back up (I was late on the last payment by one day) they deleted my user account, now none of my program files...