Windows 10: multiple user accounts

Discus and support multiple user accounts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Galadhlinn, Jan 9, 2020.

1. multiple user accounts

I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc.

Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other settings, even when she is logged into her account on her own pc.

Issues that seem to be settings related:

Mouse settings are dramatically different and do not change back when I go in as admin and attempt to change them. They seem to correct, though after several start-ups reboot.

Settings in Chrome browser are changed with the most obvious being video playback. The fix seems to be going into settings and turning off hardware acceleration.

On Startup, Continue where you left off is turned off when I always have it turned on.

Glitchyness Subjective I know, but my pc just doesn't function as smoothly. there are more frequent and longer delays between initiating an action like opening a browser or WORD, and there is more flickering in general as if video output/rendering is affected.

Everything is up to date including Windows 10, video drivers, browsers, apps, virus protection only have Windows Defenders and Malware. Again, I had no issues with my pc until I added a second user account. After I work on getting things better again, it is all undone the next time the other user logs in.

:)

Galadhlinn, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2020
  4. multiple user accounts

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

multiple user accounts

1. multiple user accounts - Similar Threads - multiple user accounts

2. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  3. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  4. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  5. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  6. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  7. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  8. Managing multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing multiple user accounts: Hi, Apolgies if the question has been asked elsewhere, I have not been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a new laptop and I am struggling to understand how to best manage apications across multiple user accounts. I have created four accounts - me as organiser...
  9. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  10. Suddenly Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Multiple User Accounts: All of a sudden when I turn on or try to log into my PC it'll try to log into a user account of the same name and say "Incorrect password." Now instead of automatically logging into my PC, I have to actively select another user account and type my password into that. Ideally...