Windows 10: Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete?

Discus and support Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have 1 user signed in my PC and when I check the C:\Users I have 5 folders inside: Andrei2.0 -11 GB folder Default -2MB defaultuser100000 -0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuncuAndrei, May 6, 2021.

1. Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete?

Hello, I have 1 user signed in my PC and when I check the C:\Users I have 5 folders inside: Andrei2.0 -11 GB folder Default -2MB defaultuser100000 -0 bytes Public -411KB User -32 GB folder If I go to Settings>Accounts>Family & other users there are no other User accounts createdI have no idea if this is normal or one of the 2 main folders is a copy.I don't even know if it will let me delete any of the folders . I would like to know if it is safe to remove any of these folders as they are taking some space on my computer.Grateful for any help

:)

JuncuAndrei, May 6, 2021

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 6, 2021
  3. BobSort- Win User
    Removing Folders from User Profile Deletes the actual folder

I just deleted The shortcuts to download, document, desktop folders from C:\Users\[User]

It deleted content of my desktop, download and document folders from drive

D:\UserData\Documents\

D:\UserData\Downloads\

D:\UserData\Desktop\

Who thought this is funny to make deleting a shortcut delete the actual file?

Please fix this bug!!!!

BobSort-, May 6, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete?

1. Multiple User folders than actual Users. What is safe to delete? - Similar Threads - Multiple User folders

2. Is it safe to delete the main user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete the main user?: I want to delete the main user on my laptop, the reason is that I was scammed out of it and I can no longer use anything attached to it. Is deleting the main user safe or will it ruin my laptop?...
  3. Is it safe to delete the main user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete the main user?: I want to delete the main user on my laptop, the reason is that I was scammed out of it and I can no longer use anything attached to it. Is deleting the main user safe or will it ruin my laptop?...
  4. Multiple user folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user folders: I bought a new laptop. I want to use it for work and home. I don’t want to create separate profiles. Is there any problem with creating another user folder? The default user folder would be for work and then another user folder would be for personal use....
  5. Multiple user folders

Multiple user folders: I bought a new laptop. I want to use it for work and home. I don’t want to create separate profiles. Is there any problem with creating another user folder? The default user folder would be for work and then another user folder would be for personal use....
  6. Is it Safe to Delete a User from the Users Folder? + More Issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it Safe to Delete a User from the Users Folder? + More Issues.: Hello, I'm encountering a storage issue on my computer. There are 2 additional user folders that I need to remove. The reason for this is that these folders are consuming a significant amount of space. These users had been running Virtual Machines and have amassed a massive...
  7. Is it Safe to Delete a User from the Users Folder? + More Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Delete a User from the Users Folder? + More Issues.: Hello, I'm encountering a storage issue on my computer. There are 2 additional user folders that I need to remove. The reason for this is that these folders are consuming a significant amount of space. These users had been running Virtual Machines and have amassed a massive...
  8. Is it Safe to Delete a User from the Users Folder? + More Issues.

9. Unrecognised folders under 'user' how to safely delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unrecognised folders under 'user' how to safely delete?: Hello My account is 'Lenovo' all the others i never use, they're all empty. I noticed the folders 'default.migrated' and 'UpdatusUser', i've never seen them before how do i remove them? I'd also like to remove public and the hidden 'default' folder if it's possible?...
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655