Windows 10: Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance.

Discus and support Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, I like to backup Icloud and Onedrive to my local raid attached to my windows PC. Scenario I have in mind is- create all the family 5 accounts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DrSins, May 22, 2022.

1. DrSins Win User

Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance.

Dear All, I like to backup Icloud and Onedrive to my local raid attached to my windows PC. Scenario I have in mind is- create all the family 5 accounts on a windows 11 PC. - Logon all of them.- Their Icloud and Onedrive are logged on and connected.- Use Sync or some software to clone Icloud and one drive to local Raid drivesWould this work ? any ideas?

:)

DrSins, May 22, 2022
  2. concord72 Win User

Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

So in the Processes tab, under Apps, however many Windows Explorers I actually have open is however many it will list, and expanding will list the specific folder that is open, there is no problem there. The problem is when you scroll down to Windows processes, that's where all the multiple instances are. Right now it's only showing 7 but that is because I restarted my computer a couple hours ago, I've counted as many as 40+ before.

concord72, May 22, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 22, 2022
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance. [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance. - Similar Threads - Multiple users backup

2. BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!: Hi there, I am a programmer and IT technician who has been using Windows since the early 90s CDs. I noticed that Windows 11 is experiencing new issues that have never occurred in Microsoft history!1. Open Task Manager2. Observe explorer.exe instance3. Open Explorer [GUI]4....
  3. BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!: 1. Open Task Manager2. Observe explorer.exe instance3. Open Explorer [GUI]4. Another instance was created with the name of explorer.exe5. Close Explorer by clicking the X windows6. explorer.exe remains open7. Repeat steps above 8. Resulting into a phenomenal line of dozens or...
  4. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  5. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  6. Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple users backup in background on the same windows 11 instance.: Dear All, I like to backup Icloud and Onedrive to my local raid attached to my windows PC. Scenario I have in mind is- create all the family 5 accounts on a windows 11 PC. - Logon all of them.- Their Icloud and Onedrive are logged on and connected.- Use Sync or some software...
  7. Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application: How do I force Win 11 to open only 1 instance of an app when I select it's icon from the toolbar or desktop? In Win 10, when I opened an app such as Notepad, I could then open my browser or any other app and Notepad would be minimized on the toolbar unless I had the Windows...
  8. Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application

Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application: How do I force Win 11 to open only 1 instance of an app when I select it's icon from the toolbar or desktop? In Win 10, when I opened an app such as Notepad, I could then open my browser or any other app and Notepad would be minimized on the toolbar unless I had the Windows...
  9. Multiple instances of the same credential in Credential Manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple instances of the same credential in Credential Manager?: Hi, in a related but different issue from my previous question about repeated request for credentials in Outlook/Teams see Post Update to Windows 10 20H2 -> Persistent need to reauthenticate I took a look at Credential Manager. I found 4 and 5 instances of the same...
  10. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...