Windows 10: Multiple Users in 10 Pro

Discus and support Multiple Users in 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several 8.1 systems I want to upgrade to 10. A couple of them have multiple users in 8.1, Some standard accounts, some admin. I went ahead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Multiple Users in 10 Pro

I have several 8.1 systems I want to upgrade to 10. A couple of them have multiple users in 8.1, Some standard accounts, some admin.

I went ahead and upgraded a system that has only one account. all seems fine. However, as I I looking through I see 10 has a different way to deal with multiple users. I looked on the web but it is still not clear to me.

How do the 8.1 users compare to 10. If I already have multiple users, after the upgrade to 10, will they go under family or other users? What is the big difference between the two? and is there an advantage of one over the other?

On most systems, the other users are family members, but they are my kids and I have separate accounts to make sure things stay separate. On some of the systems, some of the other users are local accounts and some are microsoft accounts.

thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Jul 29, 2015

2. Importing Playlist from Windows Media Player to Windows 8 Phone

Yes, my Windows 8 Pro is under multiple-use licence (supplied by my college) and windows 8.1 upgrade is not available for multiple-user licenced copies of windows 8

PratyakshKaran, Jul 29, 2015
  3. lstipwan Win User
    Windows 10 destop icon settings on a multi user computer not consistently saved

I have a Windows 10 Pro computer with multiple local user accounts that have separate desktop icons and desktop icon settings. The computer was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The problem I have is that the desktop icon settings for the
    arrangement of the desktop icons is not being consistently saved between user switching, logoff and reboots of the computer. I also have intermittent occurrences of a desktop.ini file being saved in the Desktop sub folder of Users on the C drive for users
    when they log off or the computer is switched between users or the computer is rebooted when multi users are logged on to the computer. Is there something I can do to keep this from occurring?

lstipwan, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Multiple Users in 10 Pro

I upgraded one machine and the second user is listed as a general user.

I am still not sure how family members and general users work but from the sounds of it, you can go into your live account and invite users so if someone is a general user, you can invite them into the family.

Just curious how this is supposed to work and what the advantage is.

rinconmike, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Users in 10 Pro

1. Multiple Users in 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Multiple Users Pro

2. Multiple monitors and Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors and Windows 10 Pro: I have 3 monitors, two standard Lenovo computer monitors on my desk and a Sharp TV on the wall, which I use for group meetings. I understand that only 2 monitors will get the high resolution settings and the 3d will not. Until recently, the TV was identified as the 3d monitor...
  3. Multiple user accounts in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple user accounts in windows 10: It's a simple question How do i create two separate accounts with no shared data between them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-windows-10/e1d43213-6593-442d-a993-fd21be1153f9
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 for Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 for Multiple Users: If I purchase Minecraft for Windows 10, can multiple people have their own game going on different PC user accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-for-multiple-users/1b9996c2-9bba-45c2-b3b6-1341d3a40c80
  5. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  6. Windows 10 multiple users passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 multiple users passwords: I took over the office computer that has multiple past users with locked files that require passwords. Is there a way to find these passwords so I can access these files?...
  7. windows 10 pro multiple errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 pro multiple errors: [ATTACH][ATTACH] This morning --start button is inop, file folder is inop, ran malware scan nothing found. 20 gb of free space on c: drive Multiple restarts to no avail. Suggestions?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro multiple devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro multiple devices: If I upgrade my desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro Edition, must I also purchase the Pro Edition for my laptop in order to use the remote desktop function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-multiple-devices/f65e2c89-7856-4682-a318-dcc43e4fe129
  9. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain: Hi, We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other...
  10. Multiple Problems With Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Problems With Windows 10 Pro: i have upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro because of the newly designed start menu *Biggrin but little did i realize until recently i came across alot of bugs with this distro, but i am not bashing win 10, after all it is new. i expect bugs and glitches....