Windows 10: Multiple Users in 10 Pro

Discus and support Multiple Users in 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several 8.1 systems I want to upgrade to 10. A couple of them have multiple users in 8.1, Some standard accounts, some admin. I went ahead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Multiple Users in 10 Pro

I have several 8.1 systems I want to upgrade to 10. A couple of them have multiple users in 8.1, Some standard accounts, some admin.

I went ahead and upgraded a system that has only one account. all seems fine. However, as I I looking through I see 10 has a different way to deal with multiple users. I looked on the web but it is still not clear to me.

How do the 8.1 users compare to 10. If I already have multiple users, after the upgrade to 10, will they go under family or other users? What is the big difference between the two? and is there an advantage of one over the other?

On most systems, the other users are family members, but they are my kids and I have separate accounts to make sure things stay separate. On some of the systems, some of the other users are local accounts and some are microsoft accounts.

thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Jul 29, 2015

2. Importing Playlist from Windows Media Player to Windows 8 Phone

Yes, my Windows 8 Pro is under multiple-use licence (supplied by my college) and windows 8.1 upgrade is not available for multiple-user licenced copies of windows 8

PratyakshKaran, Jul 29, 2015
  3. lstipwan Win User
    Windows 10 destop icon settings on a multi user computer not consistently saved

I have a Windows 10 Pro computer with multiple local user accounts that have separate desktop icons and desktop icon settings. The computer was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The problem I have is that the desktop icon settings for the
    arrangement of the desktop icons is not being consistently saved between user switching, logoff and reboots of the computer. I also have intermittent occurrences of a desktop.ini file being saved in the Desktop sub folder of Users on the C drive for users
    when they log off or the computer is switched between users or the computer is rebooted when multi users are logged on to the computer. Is there something I can do to keep this from occurring?

lstipwan, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Multiple Users in 10 Pro

I upgraded one machine and the second user is listed as a general user.

I am still not sure how family members and general users work but from the sounds of it, you can go into your live account and invite users so if someone is a general user, you can invite them into the family.

Just curious how this is supposed to work and what the advantage is.

rinconmike, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Users in 10 Pro

1. Multiple Users in 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Multiple Users Pro

2. Adding Multiple users to a PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Multiple users to a PC: When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-multiple-users-to-a-pc/360da7e5-e904-44f4-87fd-37b2030f2ad4
  3. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.: I have pretty fresh install of windows 10. New PC with clean Windows 10, built in the end of November 2018. A month after it was built, I changed graphics card. From Nvidia 1050ti to 1070ti. I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was...
  4. Installing Windows 10 Pro on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro on multiple computers: Can I install windows 10 Pro 64 on more than one computer (such as Home, Laptop and my Office Computers) or do I have to purchase a license key for each...
  5. Windows 10 Pro multiple devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro multiple devices: If I upgrade my desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro Edition, must I also purchase the Pro Edition for my laptop in order to use the remote desktop function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-multiple-devices/f65e2c89-7856-4682-a318-dcc43e4fe129
  6. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain: Hi, We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other...
  7. Multiple users on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple users on login screen: Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook. I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and...
  8. Office 365 multiple users

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 multiple users: I know this is a Mac OS question but I feel I have more chance of a good answer on here. It relates to our home subscription of office 365. On windows 10 it works great, one install slot but office 365 applications available to all users of the pc. On Mac a different story,...
  9. Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App: If I want multiple users to share the same Windows Store app, in this case Kodi media player, it looks like I have to go into the store and install it for each user. Does that mean that the app actually gets downloaded and repeated in each user's folder? So now if I want 4...
  10. Multiple Problems With Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Problems With Windows 10 Pro: i have upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro because of the newly designed start menu *Biggrin but little did i realize until recently i came across alot of bugs with this distro, but i am not bashing win 10, after all it is new. i expect bugs and glitches....