Windows 10: Multiple Users on a PC

Discus and support Multiple Users on a PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm new to the PC gaming world my kids are finally old enough to want to play more games. Of course, the kids want to play Minecraft. They each have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheBrianRoth, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Multiple Users on a PC

I'm new to the PC gaming world my kids are finally old enough to want to play more games. Of course, the kids want to play Minecraft. They each have free accounts on their Kindle Fire but now are wanting more action.

If I buy Minecraft on PC Windows 10, will each of my kids be able to access the game on their own Microsoft/Xbox accounts? They are a part of my Microsoft "Family" and each of their accounts are logged in to the PC I would be installing Minecraft on.

Also, how do the skin packs/worlds, etc work? If I buy the "Master Collection" would everyone have access to the packs or just my account that will probably never play the game?

:)

TheBrianRoth, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 23, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Multiple Users on a PC

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• They will be using the same mouse and keyboard on the same PC.
    • The only difference is when one user logs on it will use only 1 of the 4 monitors and when the other user logs on it will use 3 or all of the monitors what ever they choose

JamesSalisbury01, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Users on a PC

1. Multiple Users on a PC - Similar Threads - Multiple Users

2. Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles: I have an HP Omen laptop, with 2 Microsoft adult accounts on it, and 2 child accounts managed via Family Safety.Starting yesterday seemingly after Windows Update installed some updates multiple apps stopped working on one of the child accounts. They work fine on the other...
  3. Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles: I have an HP Omen laptop, with 2 Microsoft adult accounts on it, and 2 child accounts managed via Family Safety.Starting yesterday seemingly after Windows Update installed some updates multiple apps stopped working on one of the child accounts. They work fine on the other...
  4. Can you password protect a folder on a lap when multiple users have the same username and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you password protect a folder on a lap when multiple users have the same username and...: I am using a class set of laptops running Windows 11 for a retired adult education class. The laptops are also used by other class groups. The way they have been set up is with a common username and password. student 1 laptop with a password which is the same for every person...
  5. Can you password protect a folder on a lap when multiple users have the same username and...

Can you password protect a folder on a lap when multiple users have the same username and...: I am using a class set of laptops running Windows 11 for a retired adult education class. The laptops are also used by other class groups. The way they have been set up is with a common username and password. student 1 laptop with a password which is the same for every person...
  6. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  7. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  8. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...
  10. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...