Windows 10: Multiple Users One Desktop?

Discus and support Multiple Users One Desktop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FlorianSchroll, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Multiple Users One Desktop?

Hello,

can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me?

If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe Multiple Users One Desktop? ;)

:)

FlorianSchroll, Jul 28, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Ptep Win User

Multiple Users One Desktop?

Multiple users on multiple workstations with one computer?

I think you might be confusing yourself with something called Terminal Services, although this requires a Windows Server operating system, and more than one computer - it does allow for multiple users 'desktops' to be stored on the main machine.
    As far as connecting more than one monitor, keyboard/mouse etc im not sure its possible, certainly not on windows xp or vista as they allow for no more than one user to be logged in at the same time (ignoring fast user switching, thats still not truly simultaneous like it would be on terminal services).

Thema:

Multiple Users One Desktop?

1. Multiple Users One Desktop? - Similar Threads - Multiple Users Desktop

2. One app multiple Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app multiple Users: So I bought Forza Horizon 4 and I wanted to use it on another user. I searched in the forums one one guy said that if you click install it lets you access the app because its already installed but it asks me to install again and i don't have more space what do I do?...
  3. Multiple users on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users on one PC: When multiple users use the same PC, why can't User B see the files inside User A's folders in This PC 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos but can see the files on Local Disk? Also, how can I prevent another user from seeing what files I have...
  4. Multiple Virtual Desktops on one view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Virtual Desktops on one view: OS Build 18363.1316 I have a very large monitor that I would like to "split" into four sections and with each section running a separate virtual desktop. I hope to have four virtual desktops "active" on one monitor at a time Is is possible to snap virtual desktops rather...
  5. Multiple users on one PC simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple users on one PC simultaneously: I have a powerful PC, my partner has slow chromebook. Is it possible to make two instances of windows and both use my PC at the same time. i.e me sitting at my desk playing on my pc directly and her playing on her chromebook through remote desktop or something similar. 5/10...
  6. Consolidating multiple users into just one

Consolidating multiple users into just one: Windows 10 - My current pc 3 yrs old inherited some issues when I moved everything from my old computer to this one. One thing was I had 4 Users. Have no idea why the tech did that but that is what happened. Accounts I had were Jack, Jaci5, JaciS, and one that was the name...
  7. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  8. multiple users one lic

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple users one lic: My wife has a mac and was using my account. now it doesn't recognize her ? How do I install her as a user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-one-lic/15150b73-5429-4e8d-8d56-ccb71b9c489f"
  9. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

Remote Desktop - Multiple Users: I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office. I have remote desktop set up so that I as the primary user (admin) can log in, but I would like to set up additional profiles so that my kids can log in using their profiles on...
  10. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users Signed In at One Time: I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy! Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question. 2620