Windows 10: multiple users set up

Discus and support multiple users set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was given this laptop 2 weeks after my aunt bought it because she could not understand the software. She managed to get her name and e-mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NancyMondragon, Apr 5, 2020.

1. multiple users set up

I was given this laptop 2 weeks after my aunt bought it because she could not understand the software. She managed to get her name and e-mail registered in it though somehow. I have changed it to my name and thought I had gotten the e-mail changed too. Well, every time I click on anything either her name, or more specifically, her email are pre-typed there. How do I remove her completely from the system? If she wants to try later I can add her a family, but I seriously doubt it. Currently, I am the only one with access to the laptop.

:)

NancyMondragon, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• They will be using the same mouse and keyboard on the same PC.
    • The only difference is when one user logs on it will use only 1 of the 4 monitors and when the other user logs on it will use 3 or all of the monitors what ever they choose

JamesSalisbury01, Apr 5, 2020
  4. multiple users set up

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

multiple users set up

1. multiple users set up - Similar Threads - multiple users set

2. Multiple Set ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Set ups: I am trying to set up Muiltiple laptops for a client, with windows 11 intrusive way to set up a new pc instead of creating a local account, can I create the one account for the PC set up a local account as admin then delete the account I set the computer up with ?...
  3. Multiple Set ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Set ups: I am trying to set up Muiltiple laptops for a client, with windows 11 intrusive way to set up a new pc instead of creating a local account, can I create the one account for the PC set up a local account as admin then delete the account I set the computer up with ?...
  4. Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?: I have three kids - one no longer plays Minecraft but we bought it for him a long time ago. Our second and third kids both play it actively but have had to buy several copies with having one kid on Windows and another on a Mac. It is so difficult to get them set up to be able...
  5. Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?: I have three kids - one no longer plays Minecraft but we bought it for him a long time ago. Our second and third kids both play it actively but have had to buy several copies with having one kid on Windows and another on a Mac. It is so difficult to get them set up to be able...
  6. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  7. Setting up multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up multiple monitors: Hello, can anyone help me to set up multiple monitors. I got the dual adapter and am able to see two screens, but I want them extended. When I hit the extend button from Windows key+P, nothing happens. When I detect monitors from settings it says its not finding one to...
  8. Setting up User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  9. How to set up shared drive for multiple users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up shared drive for multiple users: Hi all, Recently got myself a new computer (laptop), and just wondering what's the best way to set this up? I have a (256Gb) SSD which is for Windows/programs, and 1TB HDD for docs, pics, music and game installs. My computer is shared between my wife and I, and we...
  10. Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts: Hi, On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10 isnt sending information/downloading stuff etc, will the second account (that has not been setup for the same settings and is...