Windows 10: Multiple Users Share same Desktop

Discus and support Multiple Users Share same Desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GoJoegoNM, Oct 14, 2020.

1. GoJoegoNM Win User

Multiple Users Share same Desktop

All,

I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple users share the same logged in instance, but through their individual AD accounts?

i.e. When ever any authorized user signs into SystemA, it will default log into a shared desktop instance. When UserA logs off, we need the instance to remain running. Then UserB logs in and continues with where UserA was working.

Is this possible?

:)

GoJoegoNM, Oct 14, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 14, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Multiple Users Share same Desktop - Similar Threads - Multiple Users Share

2. Shared passwords from multiple users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Shared passwords from multiple users: When using Edge and windows I get shared saved passwords and favorites from family members not shared computer. How do I stop sharing passwords and different information with family members, but keep sharing them across multiple devices that are my own?...
  3. Shared passwords from multiple users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared passwords from multiple users: When using Edge and windows I get shared saved passwords and favorites from family members not shared computer. How do I stop sharing passwords and different information with family members, but keep sharing them across multiple devices that are my own?...
  4. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  5. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  6. Sharing with desktops connected to the same internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing with desktops connected to the same internet?: Hello, I recently reset my computer and now when I right click on a page or site, it'll say "Share with (insert desktop name here)" which is another computer in my house. How can I turn this off?...
  7. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  8. Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop: Hi, Is it possible for Windows Hello to recognize multiple faces and access the same desktop. My wife and I would both like to be recognized, but we use the same user account. Thanks,...
  9. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...
  10. Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App: If I want multiple users to share the same Windows Store app, in this case Kodi media player, it looks like I have to go into the store and install it for each user. Does that mean that the app actually gets downloaded and repeated in each user's folder? So now if I want 4...