Windows 10: Multiple users taking up disk space

Discus and support Multiple users taking up disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The company I am at uses shared laptops, after a few months, the storage space will fill up due to each individual user profile. I know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zakn3fein, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Zakn3fein Win User

Multiple users taking up disk space

Hello,

The company I am at uses shared laptops, after a few months, the storage space will fill up due to each individual user profile. I know how to clean it up and free up all the space. What I am asking, is there a policy or setting in Windows 10 that I as an admin can set that will auto delete old profiles due to time or inactivity? It is a hassle to re-image or clean up 50 or so laptops every few months and im sure there has to be something else that can be done but I am unable to find an answer.

:)

Zakn3fein, Mar 12, 2020

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Alex#85 Win User
    How to delete error reports taking up disk space?

How to delete error reports taking up disk space? Step by step and how to access the directory(ies) needed. Thank you

Alex#85, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Multiple users taking up disk space - Similar Threads - Multiple users taking

2. Updates taking Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking Disk Space: I got a new Dell Inspirion 3020 a few months ago. Every Windows Update consumes more and more disk space on the C drive. The properties box for the C drive does not have the usual DISK CLEANUP button. It has DETAILS instead. I can find DISK CLEANUP. CLEANUP SYSTEM FILES never...
  3. Updates taking Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking Disk Space: I got a new Dell Inspirion 3020 a few months ago. Every Windows Update consumes more and more disk space on the C drive. The properties box for the C drive does not have the usual DISK CLEANUP button. It has DETAILS instead. I can find DISK CLEANUP. CLEANUP SYSTEM FILES never...
  4. "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space: On my Win10 machine, I have a 300 GB partition that holds my OS and apps. 185 GB is being used by "OTHER USERS" which I dont understand since I AM the only user on my machine. I've seen other people posting on this problem. I did use SYSPREP to make the drive so I didn't lose...
  5. Antimalware taking up a lot of RAM and disk space

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware taking up a lot of RAM and disk space: I was checking task manager and my antimalware started taking up a lot of RAM and disk space and I couldn't run any applications. I ran windows defender offline scan and it still went on. What do I do?...
  6. System mysteriously takes up remaining disk space.

System mysteriously takes up remaining disk space.: Hello, reader! I am having an issue with my Windows 10 computer. Lately, it's been filling up for no reason, and when i delete anything, it goes right back to 0B free. I checked Settings->System->Storage, and almost 100GB are taken up by the system files. This is my school...
  7. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in...
  8. User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space

User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space: I have a 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but the SSD is full, even though all of my photos and videos and documents are on the HDD. I downloaded TreeSize Free and it shows that there are 66.9 GB or so in my user folder. How can I free up some of this space?[ATTACH]...
  9. "Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!

"Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!: I have a 512GB SSD and I went to delete some file as I have ~40GB left and realized that the "Users" folder was taking up over 300GB of disk space! I went through the folder and nothing using that much space showed up... How do I fix this? I really need space as I am a video...
  10. Large files which are taking up disk space

Large files which are taking up disk space: Hi, Why is it that Windows is taking up 55GB+ of space which should not be taken up? These files aren't executable and didn't get notified that they were sitting there by windows. Also, can anyone recommend any apps that allow you delete files whilst ignoring the fact...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple user windows disk space