Windows 10: Multiple versions of Visual C++

Discus and support Multiple versions of Visual C++ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did some housekeeping today with Revo and found 11 copies of Visual C++. Attached is a pdf of the details. Do I really need all these? And will they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcebob, May 7, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Multiple versions of Visual C++

I did some housekeeping today with Revo and found 11 copies of Visual C++. Attached is a pdf of the details. Do I really need all these? And will they continue to accumulate as my system ages?

:)

tcebob, May 7, 2017

2. multiple versions of Microsoft visual C++

Browsing your Apps and Features Setting or Programs and Features Control Panel, you might see multiple versions of the redistributable installed. A particular app installed might be utilizing one of them, so, removing any version can cause an application
    to malfunction. Some apps might even require updated versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable such as 2010 SP1 or 2012 Update 4.

A DLL helps app creators efficiently reuse common components that make a program work. Instead of reinventing the wheel and bloating their code each time, developers can reuse the libraries in the MSVCR.dll. This in return can reduce the size of a program and
    provide better performance and memory utilization. Some applications are written using specific versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable. If your computer does not have the full Visual C++ development program installed (which you likely won’t unless you
    are a software developer), a program will come with what is called a Runtime Component to facilitate that particular program. The Runtime Components are just the essential pieces of code that make the software work.

There are versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable that go back as far as version 2005.

Learn more:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-visual-c-p...

Andre Da Costa, May 7, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    multiple versions of Microsoft visual C++

Hi yes you do need them . . .

When you install software that needs code from the Microsoft visual C+ Runtime, it will install the version it relies on, if it is not already installed.

Different software on your system requires different version(s) of this runtime

If you uninstall any of these, some software on your system will stop working.

These are nothing to worry about, they will not slow your system down and take up little space - best to leave well enough alone for the stability of your system!

DaveM121, May 7, 2017
  4. Multiple versions of Visual C++

TairikuOkami, May 7, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for the reference. I had to enroll in MyDigitalLife to view the posts and they have not yet sent verification. . .

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple versions of Visual C++

1. Multiple versions of Visual C++ - Similar Threads - Multiple versions Visual

2. Multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Apps: I recently discovered that I have multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Apps installed. Is it necessary to keep all of them and will it be safe to uninstall most of them, especially if they're outdated? I want to make more space on my PC, and they take up a lot....
  3. Multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Apps: I recently discovered that I have multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Apps installed. Is it necessary to keep all of them and will it be safe to uninstall most of them, especially if they're outdated? I want to make more space on my PC, and they take up a lot....
  4. MS Visual C++ different versions installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Visual C++ different versions installed: Hi allI am currently trying to install a renderer for Sketchup.My problem is that it keeps telling me i miss MSVCR120, MSVCP120 and VCOMP120 DLLs.I have tried to locate these on my computer but havent succeeded. Then I installed the recommended redistibutables. Still does not...
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 version issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 version issue: Hi! I tried to install Epic Game Launcher and I had an error code 0xc000007b. Tried to uninstall and install again, in another folder, but nothing changes. My Windows 10 is updated, and my graphic card drivers too. I've noticed that last Microsoft Visual C++ 2015...
  6. Multiple versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64

Multiple versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64: My w10 pro v. 2004 OS build 19041.508 has 12 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64, can I delete 11? Inquiry responses are old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-versions-of-microsoft-visual-c/1434a1a4-9581-4671-a3a3-c13b232b9c35
  7. Old Visual C++ versions

Old Visual C++ versions: I have 21 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ installed, starting with 2005 Redistributable installed in 2016. Is there a reason for all these versions? Seems like the most recent 2015-2019, installed in May should be all I need. If not needed, is there a reason they aren't...
  8. Multiple copies of same versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple copies of same versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/z09jz5v8atg51.png?width=751&format=png&auto=webp&s=cb7914dfcbbc8ee0a830674d52071a688a4757f9 Is this normal or should I uninstall one of them? There is two 32 and 64 bit that has exact same versions. submitted by /u/RoyalMagus [link]...
  9. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Multiple Versions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Multiple Versions: Hi, Thank you for addressing my concern. I have attached a copy of my Programs and Features As you can see, There are multiple versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Microsoft Corporation 7/4/2019 3.22 MB...
  10. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Installed: While doing some house cleaning on my system I noticed there were several instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on my computer according to Control Panel/Programs and Features. The latest is version 2012 installed on 9/28/2016. The others go way back to...