Windows 10: Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

Discus and support Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I've got a situation where 3 VMware VMs of Windows10 are using the same device record in Endpoint Manager. The 2nd and 3rd VMs were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vaineh, May 10, 2022.

1. vaineh Win User

Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

Hi there, I've got a situation where 3 VMware VMs of Windows10 are using the same device record in Endpoint Manager. The 2nd and 3rd VMs were duplicates of the original so I'm assuming that's how it ended up this way. If I search for the devices using their computer names I can only find one listed in Endpoint Manager, and under the device compliance section for this device it shows user logins and configs that apply to users that have only ever logged into one of the other VMs and never this one. So somehow all the 3 VMs are reporting back to this one Endpoint device record. Does anyone have

:)

vaineh, May 10, 2022
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vi...on-services#hyper-v-data-exchange-service-kvp

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

Tenforo, May 10, 2022
  3. Recording Devices

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager
    • In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 10, 2022
  4. Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

SIEM Integration With Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you want to know whether
    it’s possible to forward antivirus logs in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to a SIEM.

In this case we would suggest you to refer these articles:

Configure
    Endpoint Protection

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager documentation

However, for concern/queries related to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums where you will find professionals
    with expertise on Microsoft Endpoint Configuration
    and that would be the appropriate forum

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

1. Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record - Similar Threads - Multiple VMs using

2. Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?: As license can be transferred to different computer can I use one license for multiple VMs when they are not running at the same time? That I can transfer license to VM1 start it, later then stop VM1 transfer license to VM2 start it then later also stop VM2 transfer back to...
  3. Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?: As license can be transferred to different computer can I use one license for multiple VMs when they are not running at the same time? That I can transfer license to VM1 start it, later then stop VM1 transfer license to VM2 start it then later also stop VM2 transfer back to...
  4. no record of wifi in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no record of wifi in device manager: Hello, I lost the wi-fi, totally, nothing in device manage, nothing that I can find anywhere in device manager. Worked fine till last week and in the evening I had no connections so I waited till the next day thinking it could be a telstra issue but my other gear is ok., I...
  5. no record of wifi in device manager

no record of wifi in device manager: Hello, I lost the wi-fi, totally, nothing in device manage, nothing that I can find anywhere in device manager. Worked fine till last week and in the evening I had no connections so I waited till the next day thinking it could be a telstra issue but my other gear is ok., I...
  6. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng: Hi Folks,I've been banging my head against a brick wall for a few days. I've connected up 17 devices to Endpoint Manager All Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 with updates5 of those devices so far have been identified as running slowly.Symptoms are highly varied, the first thing I noticed...
  7. Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record: Hi there, I've got a situation where 3 VMware VMs of Windows10 are using the same device record in Endpoint Manager. The 2nd and 3rd VMs were duplicates of the original so I'm assuming that's how it ended up this way. If I search for the devices using their computer names I...
  8. Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record: Hi there, I've got a situation where 3 VMware VMs of Windows10 are using the same device record in Endpoint Manager. The 2nd and 3rd VMs were duplicates of the original so I'm assuming that's how it ended up this way. If I search for the devices using their computer names I...
  9. Device Manager multiple of the same items

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager multiple of the same items: Hello,In my device manager I have a bunch of the same items. I have 3 of the same keyboards, 2 mice, and 6 processors that show under the different category. How do I get rid of all these duplicates?Jim...
  10. Record multiple videos at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Record multiple videos at the same time: I would like to record n separate windows simultaneously. How can I do this, on Windows? In addition: the outputs should be n different, say .mp4, videos, one for each window it is very important that every window has the corresponding audio recorded as well (and not the...