Windows 10: Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

Discus and support Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc I decided to get just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AAds44, Jan 23, 2021.

1. AAds44 Win User

Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

Hi,

My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc

I decided to get just to get a new webcam and plug it in via USB but the exact same thing is happening with the new webcam as well so the problem must be elsewhere.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

AAds44, Jan 23, 2021

2. Webcam keeps turning on and off every 2 or 3 seconds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties with the webcam. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Is it an in-built webcam or external webcam?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change Windows Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Now turn on the toggle switch for Camera access for this device by clicking on
      Change.
    4. Next toggle the switch to On below Allow apps to access your camera
    5. Also toggle the switch to On below
      Allow desktop apps to access your camera.

Also, refer the steps as mentioned in this article: Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

how do i turn on my hp laptop webcam.

Hello Marvis,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

This issue could occurred due to these reasons.

• Damaged webcam diver\software.
    • Due to incorrect webcam settings.
    • If webcam is damaged.
    Please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar
    and select Troubleshooting.

b. Select View all on the top left corner.

c. Click on Hardware and device troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter

Also I suggest you to check if you are able to use the Webcam with the Camera app.

Method 2:

If you are able to access Camera app, follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Camera app.
    • Press Windows key + C from your keyboard to open
      Charms bar.
    • Select Settings option.
    • Select Permissions option.
    • Turn on Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone option.
    • Close the app.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    For reference: Camera app and webcams help

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. If you need further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

1. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds - Similar Threads - Multiple webcams keep

2. Multiple monitors turn off for a second every few hours -- what is that a symptom of?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors turn off for a second every few hours -- what is that a symptom of?: On a new computer build, every once in a while about every couple of hours, all 3 monitors connected to my PC go black for a moment about 1-2 seconds, then come back on as if nothing happened. It's similar to the sort of blink I would expect if a new display driver were being...
  3. Multiple monitors turn off for a second every few hours -- what is that a symptom of?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors turn off for a second every few hours -- what is that a symptom of?: On a new computer build, every once in a while about every couple of hours, all 3 monitors connected to my PC go black for a moment about 1-2 seconds, then come back on as if nothing happened. It's similar to the sort of blink I would expect if a new display driver were being...
  4. Webcam turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam turned off: my Webcam will not work despite privacy settings in Windows 10 being activated. So I cannot use Zoom with video on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-turned-off/9c89406e-8dd8-4980-9e6f-d9d3f82af790
  5. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

Webcam camera keeps turning on and off: So everytime I try use my camera it either freezes and doesn't turn on, Doesn't load or Starts camera then freezes it and unfreezes it and repeats.I've tried uninstalling camera thru device manager and restarting pc, checking for updates ect, Nothing works, Please help....
  6. Webcam keeps turning on and off every 2 or 3 seconds

Webcam keeps turning on and off every 2 or 3 seconds: i can no longer turn on my cam because it keeps turning on and off. I need to fix it quick but how??? any suggestion?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-keeps-turning-on-and-off-every-2-or-3/8a350f07-f4ef-4180-a64a-6edd2650c715
  7. webcam keeps turning on and off again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    webcam keeps turning on and off again: its showing the error as Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 12-09-2020 19:42:12 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-2V5MVF0...
  8. Audio Turning off and on by it self automatically every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Turning off and on by it self automatically every few seconds: This is really getting on my nervers sound turning off and on alone every few seconds I tried ever method On google and on youtube please help me fix it...
  9. Webcam keeps turning off and on again

Webcam keeps turning off and on again: Hi, I have the same problem as reported in this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-camera-keeps-turning-on-and-off/3c310410-88ef-4868-a2a7-2de3c1834da7?rtAction=1575454959647&tm=1575455155372 . It does not seem to have been resolved. My...
  10. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

Webcam camera keeps turning on and off: So just recently i wantned to use my camera for skype to call and found out how my camera keeps turning on and off. So i tried if its just skype's problem or the camera it self and turned out the camera appp on windows 10 also does the same. What i meant by turning on and off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera on and off every several seconds on windows 10