Windows 10: Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day?

Discus and support Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Purchased a new laptop about 2 weeks ago. The first time I got disconnected, the troubleshooter reported "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lyon99, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Lyon99 Win User

Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day?

Purchased a new laptop about 2 weeks ago. The first time I got disconnected, the troubleshooter reported "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I configured the IPv4 setting to the IP, Subnet, and Gateway I was given when I used the ipconfig command. Now I get either "The default Gateway is not available" or "DHCP is not enabled" when I run the troubleshooter. I've never had this problem before. I don't know if this is a hardware issue or an update issue. Can anyone help?

:)

Lyon99, Jul 13, 2020

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day? [​IMG]

theveterans, Jul 13, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Wi Fi

Hi Chris,

If your connection to a Wi-Fi network is being disconnected automatically, it could mean that the network adapter drivers are outdated, or the Wi-Fi profile doesn't match, etc. For us to assist you properly in your connection issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Does the issue happen when connecting only to the Wi-Fi from your work? Or, does it happen when connecting to a different network?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day?

Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day?

1. Multiple wi-fi disconnects per day? - Similar Threads - Multiple disconnects per

2. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  3. wi fi disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi fi disconnection: the WiFi internet disconnects when the power cable is plugged-in. I have windows 10 installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/120d6dee-d1d9-41a0-8964-bf9770614afb
  4. Wi-Fi disconnection

Wi-Fi disconnection: Hi , When I connect my pc to zoom or outlook then wifi disconnect several times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/47ce291c-f151-4d27-aade-06b9e45b450c
  5. Wi-Fi Disconnection

Wi-Fi Disconnection: Hi , My wi-fi disconnect automatically sometimes and shows no wifi network found and after sometimes network comes.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/da3b1310-d7e1-49eb-8702-3f27734473b5
  6. Wi-Fi randomly disconnecting multiple times a day + resolved by flipping the Wi-Fi switch...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi randomly disconnecting multiple times a day + resolved by flipping the Wi-Fi switch...: I have suddenly had this issue over the last month or so with no hardware changes to my actual Windows 10 laptop ASUS ROG G751JY running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.508. I started having issues with my internet speeds and had to return my modem for an RMA replacement. I...
  7. Wi Fi disconnects off and on

Wi Fi disconnects off and on: Sometime back, not sure, one of updates caused Wi Fi to disconnect 2-4 times sometimes in an hour sometimes. Even when streaming on cell phone with Wi Fi phone would say Wi Fi off. Yes I say one of the updates. I will explain. I did check everything I could...
  8. Wi Fi disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi Fi disconnects randomly: Hi everyone, I am having problems with the Wifi in my computer. What happens is that sometimes in the past couple weeks my WiFi just disconnected por no reason and wouldn't reconnect, it tries and connects for a minute and disconnects again. I used to fix it by restarting my...
  9. Random Wi-Fi disconnections

Random Wi-Fi disconnections: Hey all, So for the past 2 weeks (at least) I've been having the most annoying internet connection issues. Normally it occurs when I'm downloading something or playing video games, however it has also occurred when browsing or writing essays in Word. The connection...
  10. Wi-Fi disconnect

Wi-Fi disconnect: My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others...