Windows 10: multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter?

Discus and support multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK... I have two WiFi adapters.. one internal and one USB. Is it possible to have settings for each adapter to only auto-connect to a specific SSID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BIOTEK, Aug 21, 2019.

1. BIOTEK Win User

multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter?

OK...

I have two WiFi adapters.. one internal and one USB.

Is it possible to have settings for each adapter to only auto-connect to a specific SSID per adapter?

i.e.

My main adapter I want SSID HOME and HOME2 to auto-connect only.

My USB adapter I want SSID LOWQUALITY24GHZ to auto-connect only.

I never want my main adapter to connect to LOWQUALITY24GHZ.

Right now, if I use the main WiFi connection settings in the system tray, the toggle/check-box for auto-connect is global.

If I enable auto-connect for LOWQUALITY24GHZ it will auto-connect for both adapters. I don't want this.

My USB adapter isn't affected since it is a 2.4Ghz adapter (by choice) to connect to this secondary network so it will never connect to the HOME and HOME2 SSIDs. Great for it, but not the main adapter.

When I have to reboot my main router, my main adapter will see the LOWQUALITY24GHZ SSID and connect. This is not desired and causes issues.

Is there a registry, ini, or conf setting to make it stick per adapter?

Thanks

:)

BIOTEK, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Choklates Win User

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
    It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.*Confused*Confused*Confused*Mad

multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter? [​IMG]

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

Choklates, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. dimsoer Win User

wifi adapter turn off automatically

hi,

thanks for the suggestion, Andre and SpiritX.

I did everything until the network reset part. but still I have same problem.

I cant connect to this wifi of mine, with auto disabled wifi adapter during the first 3-4 second attempt in connecting. after disabled, the wifi adapter enabled again and it shows "cant connect to this network",

any other suggestion?

dimsoer, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter? - Similar Threads - multiple wifi adapters

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  5. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  6. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  8. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  9. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

10. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...