Windows 10: Multiple Window 10 issues

Discus and support Multiple Window 10 issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I updated to Windows 10 when I start my laptop my desktop background and icons take a very long time to appear . I also noticed my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Multiple Window 10 issues

Since I updated to Windows 10 when I start my laptop my desktop background and icons take a very long time to appear .
    I also noticed my windows button doesnt work and my start menu doesnt work .
    Alot of people are simnular issues to me but it seems like I am the only person unable to right click and left click.

People have posted so many solutions for those who can not access the windows button or start menu but tend to right click or left click to get to certain menus but I can only use key board short cuts and my right click and left click only work when I access the task manager.

When I try to run comands it tells me it cant be done using my profile and I need to log in to admin but I only have one user account and I cant create a second one because I can only use keyboard shortcuts which is frustrating.
    On top of things the laptop runs extremely slow and the desktop screen flickers from time to time and the side menu for windows 10 and catarna also does not work.

*Mad

:)

ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Window 10 Creators Update - Multiple Issues

Hi,

There are several ways on how to troubleshoot your issue regarding the performance of your device after Windows 10 Creators Update. To troubleshoot your issues with the performance of your apps and device, we suggest that you check these steps
    below:

Fix an out-of-date account

“Your account settings are out-of-date” error message likely occurs due to an incorrect password. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Slowness and unresponsiveness of your device's peripherals likely to occur when your device drivers need an update. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you update drivers in your computer. To do this, we recommend that you follow the steps provided
    on this link.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

One of the possible reasons why Internet Explorer 11 becomes unresponsive and consuming high CPU and RAM usage is due to additional add-ons. To isolate this issue, we suggest that you turn off add-ons first, and check if the issue persists. To do this, click
    here.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

As an overall troubleshooting with this issue, we suggest that you also follow the steps provided on this
    link. This will enhance the performance of your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Window 10 Creators Update - Multiple Issues

We appreciate that you performed the steps provided. Since the issue persists, we can further isolate this issue by doing a
    clean boot. This will able to start your Windows normally by using
    a minimal set of drivers to avoid software conflicts. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on this
    link.

In the meantime, we suggest that you temporarily disable your antivirus program and check if the issue still occurs.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 10, 2016
  4. NovHak Win User

Multiple Window 10 issues

If you have only one user account, then it's very likely an admin account.

This problem recalls me of someone who may have had the same problem. Booting in safe mode and letting the system do some jobs then rebooting normally may be enough to solve this.

However, while hitting F8 during the boot process should bring you to the boot options to choose the safe boot option, it seems MS made this complicated. Try restarting your system, pressing F8 quickly and repeatedly during the reboot process until you get to the boot options, hopefully.

In case you don't manage there's still hope, from the task manager, go to File => Execute a new task, type "systempropertiesadvanced" (without the quotes), click ok, then on the new window click the boot and restore parameters button. You will see a "Display OS during" checkbox, check this and choose, say, 60 seconds, that should give you more than enough time to choose boot parameters such as safe mode. I think choosing zero seconds instead will make the boot manager wait indefinitely for your input, which can be even better. Now you can reboot and have plenty of time to choose safe mode.

NovHak, Apr 10, 2016
  5. Thank you I managed to get it in safe mode now do I go from here?

ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016
  6. NovHak Win User
    I think you just have to reboot to normal mode then. You'll see if things came back in order. If it's not the case, there's a long Powershell command line to enter iirc, I should find it somewhere, but let's hope it's not necessary...

NovHak, Apr 10, 2016
  7. I just typed msconfig in the run box to reboot in normal mode seeing as I can't use right click on the start menu and a blue box popped saying "this app can't open get started can't be opened using the build in administrator account.signin with a different account and try.

ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016
  8. Multiple Window 10 issues

Managed to boot it in normal mode and nothing has changed same things still not functioning and it's moving extremely slow. I already tried to connect a mouse and wireless keyboard that did not work.

ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016
  9. The mouse worked eventually it was only because my laptop is slow .
    I managed to right click on the Windows button and select control panel but nothing is happening.

ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016
  10. NovHak Win User
    I suppose you means the "settings" because Windows now makes a difference between "Settings" and "Control Panel". While the latter has been present for a long time, it seems that MS intends to replace it with the former. I won't step into the reasons why it's a bad move imho...

Does Cortana work ?

Maybe this video will help you...

EDIT : My bad, I just noticed you right clicked on the start menu, hence you're indeed speaking of the control panel. Trying to repair the startup procedure as shown in the video may still solve the problem.

NovHak, Apr 10, 2016
  11. Cortana doesn't work and I can't right click on the start menu. And thanks I will watch the video

ammagreen1, Apr 10, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would try creating a new local user account with administrator privileges and see if the problem continues in the new account.

Hold Win Key and press R to open run dialog box. Run netplwiz

Click Add. Click Sign in without a Microsoft Account. Click Local Account. Enter a user name and password (make them very easy to remember!) Click Next. Click Finish.

Click on the new user account in the list. Click Properties. Click Group Membership tab. Click circle for Administrator. Click OK. Click OK. Now restart your computer and log in to the new user account and see how things behave.

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2016
  13. Multiple Window 10 issues

Thank you very much this user is working fine everything is Normal. Where do I go from here ? Do I back up my files from my old user then delete the account and create an additional user ? If so how do I do so ?

ammagreen1, Apr 11, 2016
  14. I remembered the scans did say there are no corrupted files so I'm assuming it's safe to back them up and the problem was my user was corrupt .
    What can I do to avoid this issue again ?

ammagreen1, Apr 11, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, you can copy over your user data files such as photos, documents, music and videos from the old user account to a new user account. Not really sure what causes this kind of corruption in the user account, so can't really say there is a good way to prevent it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

Multiple Window 10 issues

1. Multiple Window 10 issues - Similar Threads - Multiple Window issues

2. Multiple issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  3. Multiple issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  4. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Multiple Issues: I am facing multiple problems in windows 10. the start menu is not working, sound driver is installed but sound not working. I cannot reset my through CMD or powershell. No software is working just chrome is working. Actuallt I have low C Drive Storage that is why change my...
  5. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Multiple Issues: I am facing multiple problems in windows 10. the start menu is not working, sound driver is installed but sound not working. I cannot reset my through CMD or powershell. No software is working just chrome is working. Actuallt I have low C Drive Storage that is why change my...
  6. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Multiple Windows 10 Issues

Multiple Windows 10 Issues: I checked out laptops during the summer. Different brands at different stores. And on most of them, when I'd scroll down a web page, links would open by themselves. In October, I bought an Acer, and again, links opened by themselves. Also, one time when I opened the main...
  8. multiple issues with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    multiple issues with windows 10?: I have a new used laptop i got off amazon and its having some problems but i dont know if its the laptop or windows update . I dont have a volume indicator anymore and whenever i plug in my phone to charge it the screen goes negative! like the colors are inverted for a split...
  9. Multiple issues with Windows 10

Multiple issues with Windows 10: I’m very upset since Windows 10 updated. My time isn’t showing on taskbar, Wifi not appearing, Windows 10 can’t find Wifi. How do I fix those issues anybody can’t help?...
  10. Multiple issues in Windows 10

Multiple issues in Windows 10: 1. First issue is when i want to use back button in Windows Explorer or in ANY web browser - nothing happens 2. When u want to download some file on pc, clicking on SAVE button does not work, also and when i want to upload some attachmet on email or etc, clicking on OPEN...