Windows 10: Multiple Windows 10 problems

Discus and support Multiple Windows 10 problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First I noticed the Start menu not working. None of the MS Community troubleshooting tips running via Powershell, or those from other sites have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeliaKropp, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Multiple Windows 10 problems

First I noticed the Start menu not working. None of the MS Community troubleshooting tips running via Powershell, or those from other sites have worked. I did however discover that File Manager also doesn't run from the Taskbar, though I can trick it to run from Task Manager. And I have no sound now, or access to sound settings, though the mixer tool will launch from its place on the task bar.

Basically anything Windows doesn't work as it should except Task Manager, and Powershell itself. My own installed apps, so far, seem to be fine.

I've tried to do scan and several other fix or diagnostic commands via Powershell checking run w admin privileges, always and absolutely nothing works. Thankfully simple Windows apps like MSConfig launch, but from there I can only do simple things like uninstall programs, not any Admin level things like account changes. Nearly every error message in Powershell or elsewhere say "program does not exist" or "you do not have sufficient privileges". Feels like a registry problem. Also, judging from the error messages I get, my PC now acts like I'm not an Administrator, when I've owned this since 2012!

Windows 10 won't even let me run Windows Media Creator, for the more drastic fixes that involve reinstalling Windows. After much time it just cranks then says can't run Windows Media Creator. Note: I must keep my programs and data. A complete Windows reinstall is not an option here.

I did the mandatory January upgrade from Windows 7 back in January. Not happy about this. Lots of projects to do, but wary to start them with the OS so unstable. Ideas are welcome.

:)

DeliaKropp, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Multiple Windows 10 problems

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Windows 10 problems

1. Multiple Windows 10 problems - Similar Threads - Multiple problems

2. Multiple problems in Windows 10 with the same cause? Microsoft Store, Sign in with...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Multiple problems in Windows 10 with the same cause? Microsoft Store, Sign in with...: On my Windows 10 desktop, I have several problems that all started at once. I didn't change anything, at least not deliberately.1 When I click on Microsoft Store I get an error that says "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right." They are not2 The...
  3. Multiple problems in Windows 10 with the same cause? Microsoft Store, Sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple problems in Windows 10 with the same cause? Microsoft Store, Sign in with...: On my Windows 10 desktop, I have several problems that all started at once. I didn't change anything, at least not deliberately.1 When I click on Microsoft Store I get an error that says "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right." They are not2 The...
  4. Multiple problems in Windows 10 with the same cause? Microsoft Store, Sign in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.: Hi, I've been having problems with my laptop for the past few days. First my microphone stopped working followed by the speakers, then the HDMI port and now I cant adjust fisplay settings like brightness there's no slider in settings and hotkeys don't work or night light or...
  6. Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.

Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.: Hi, I've been having problems with my laptop for the past few days. First my microphone stopped working followed by the speakers, then the HDMI port and now I cant adjust fisplay settings like brightness there's no slider in settings and hotkeys don't work or night light or...
  7. HELP PROBLEMS WITH MY WINDOWS 11 PRO MULTIPLE ERRORS

HELP PROBLEMS WITH MY WINDOWS 11 PRO MULTIPLE ERRORS: A cordial greeting to everyone, 3 months ago I built my new PC and everything was fine for a week, after that I had problems and errors after errors on Windows, I enter the browser, and it gives problems, at times it tried to play, and it freezes or blue screen even after...
  8. HELP PROBLEMS WITH MY WINDOWS 11 PRO MULTIPLE ERRORS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP PROBLEMS WITH MY WINDOWS 11 PRO MULTIPLE ERRORS: A cordial greeting to everyone, 3 months ago I built my new PC and everything was fine for a week, after that I had problems and errors after errors on Windows, I enter the browser, and it gives problems, at times it tried to play, and it freezes or blue screen even after...
  9. Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems

Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems: 6: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  10. Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems: 6: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...