Windows 10: Multiple Windows 10 Update issues

Discus and support Multiple Windows 10 Update issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update: Updates fail, Update history lists multiple unsuccessful to load the same KB "Failed to install on multiple dates - 0x80070426". In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Thornton, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Multiple Windows 10 Update issues

Windows Update:

Updates fail, Update history lists multiple unsuccessful to load the same KB "Failed to install on multiple dates - 0x80070426".

In the main Update page "Retry" to download the same KB, after several minutes stuck on 45% leads to "Download error" with the above error code.

Defender:

Security Definitions fail to download and install.

In Windows Security / Home / Virus & threat protection -' Checking for updates..' with the spinning circle continues indefinitely throughout the session.

Windows Store:

In the last week since Updates started to fail the MS News app would start but not load any items. After researching I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it via MS Store. But it clicking Install does nothing, no error. I tried to install a different non MS app from the Store - "Starting download.." appears, after several minutes "Error" appears near the top left but no error code. Tried all this multiple times over several days

Troubleshooter:

I tried to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter in 'Additional troubleshooters' but it does not start. I tried other troubleshooters but none of them appear to start.

The normal internet connection has always been working fine. Also tried a different internet connection / router / ISP, it also works fine but does nothing to resolve the update problems.

The device has been fully 'Shut down' and restarted many times.

Always using same Account since long before these problems.
    Nothing has been changed in Settings nor anything else by me I can think of that might be related.

What's gone wrong!

:)

Peter Thornton, Feb 17, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 17, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Multiple Windows 10 Update issues

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Windows 10 Update issues

1. Multiple Windows 10 Update issues - Similar Threads - Multiple Update issues

2. Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.: Hi!Acer Aspire ES1-731Windows 10, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2251.Updates yesterday 12/12:KB5020030KB5019959the OS is in French, some of the following error messages might not be 100% exactMultiple issues after updates. It started after installation of updates was complete and...
  3. Multiple issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  4. Multiple issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  5. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Multiple Issues: I am facing multiple problems in windows 10. the start menu is not working, sound driver is installed but sound not working. I cannot reset my through CMD or powershell. No software is working just chrome is working. Actuallt I have low C Drive Storage that is why change my...
  6. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Multiple Issues: I am facing multiple problems in windows 10. the start menu is not working, sound driver is installed but sound not working. I cannot reset my through CMD or powershell. No software is working just chrome is working. Actuallt I have low C Drive Storage that is why change my...
  7. Windows 10 2004 update - multiple issues

Windows 10 2004 update - multiple issues: I've received the 2004 feature update for my system previously running 1909. I after rebooting I get a login screen, but after login I only have a blank screen with a mouse cursor. After a long time 15-30min I get a blue screen saying something to the effect that oobe had a...
  8. multiple issues with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    multiple issues with windows 10?: I have a new used laptop i got off amazon and its having some problems but i dont know if its the laptop or windows update . I dont have a volume indicator anymore and whenever i plug in my phone to charge it the screen goes negative! like the colors are inverted for a split...
  9. Onedrive issue and windows update issue - MULTIPLE ISSUES

Onedrive issue and windows update issue - MULTIPLE ISSUES: So I had two OneDrive accounts set on my windows desktop, one is my personal account and the other being a university account. Up until the beginning of last week, both were syncing fine on my desktop. However, starting from last Monday, I had realised that my lecture notes...
  10. Windows 10 update leads to multiple issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update leads to multiple issues: Unwittingly downloaded it this morning. Anyone else having these or similar issues? Any solutions? Apps slow to load Some app icons on bottom navigation bar invisible but still present "Settings" and other system apps won't open via search bar User wants to bang head on...