Windows 10: multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files

Discus and support multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two different WindowsImageBackup folders in an external drive. The first is from my x64 Windows 10, thes econd is x32Windows 10. However I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SpaceTimer, Dec 22, 2018.

1. multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files

I have two different WindowsImageBackup folders in an external drive.

The first is from my x64 Windows 10, thes econd is x32Windows 10.

However I noticed hidden files that are outside of these two folders.

The only hidden folder with files is named System Volume Information and has many GB. It has a last modified date the same as the first backup (x64 Windows).

Just wondering, if I need to do a system restore to the x32 Windows machine will these hidden files have any effect. Or simply, can I ignore these hidden files even if I need to add another imagebackup at a later stage.

My main concern is that I want to be sure that the image backups will work when and if needed.

Thanks

:)

SpaceTimer, Dec 22, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Dec 22, 2018
  4. multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files

1. multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files - Similar Threads - multiple Image Backups

2. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  3. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  4. File backup windows 10 from multiple drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File backup windows 10 from multiple drives: I am using the system to backup my file history which is currently only backing up only my "C" drive. Is there any way to use this backup to backup my files from other drives on my system at the same time? 174960
  5. One Drive backup files Question

One Drive backup files Question: I reinstall one drive on a new computer recently and I moved back my photo folder from an external hard drive to my picture folder. As soon as I did that I saw that one drive was uploading all the files in that folder, tried to go in setting and tried to stop the backup of...
  6. Backup of multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup of multiple drives: Backup seems to only be backing up the C: drive. I have 2 other external hard drives as well as an additions internal drive I would like to back up. How can I setup the backup facility to cover drives D: K: L: ?...
  7. backup my files to one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup my files to one drive: How many files can I keep in my one drive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-my-files-to-one-drive/cb2051c6-b38a-4aaa-a61a-8e53b5278292
  8. One Drive Backup

One Drive Backup: Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/e2952cbc-7dc2-4067-b180-1ebe999463fc"
  9. File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?

File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?: Hi, I'd like to use the same usb drive to backup multiple computers. They have the same user id, so I was wondering if the backups would be kept in different directories. Please let me know exactly how multiple computer/users/ etc. are stored with File History. (and if...
  10. Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot backup system image to one of two drives: I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on my Dell Inspiron. (Drives F: and G*Smile The first is a tad full and will no longer fit another system image. So, I wanted to...