Windows 10: Multiple windows will only appear side by side.

Discus and support Multiple windows will only appear side by side. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An update changed my computer so that I can no longer view more than 2 windows at a time or move them around or reduce their size so that they take up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by themegnapkin, May 23, 2020.

1. Multiple windows will only appear side by side.

An update changed my computer so that I can no longer view more than 2 windows at a time or move them around or reduce their size so that they take up less than the entire screen--I can have 1 window taking up the entire screen or 2 windows side-by-side taking up the entire screen, as in the screen shot below. I've seen suggestions to right-click on the task bar to select different display options, but when I right-click on the task bar I only get these options: Show app icons; Automatically hide the taskbar; Show People on the taskbar; Show all notification options; Show Windows Ink Workspace button; Show touch keyboard button; Show language switcher.

I'm ready to commit murder over this, but unfortunately throttling my laptop won't solve my problem. PLEASE HELP.

Multiple windows will only appear side by side. [​IMG]

:)

themegnapkin, May 23, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 23, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 23, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Multiple windows will only appear side by side.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Multiple windows will only appear side by side. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Multiple windows will only appear side by side.

1. Multiple windows will only appear side by side. - Similar Threads - Multiple appear side

2. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  3. Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side: When I set my two monitors into portrait mode and place them "side-by-side" which actually is "top-to-bottom", the desktop background picture looks fine, distributed across both monitors. But when I fire up something like Youtube, my browser only shows on one monitor, and...
  4. "Show windows side by side"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  5. "Show windows side by side"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  6. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  7. Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??

Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??: With Ultra-wide becoming more prevalent this is a must. I want to be able to do what you can do with multiple monitors, but with a single display that is ultra-wide. Imagine being able to run a program in 'full-screen' with the benefits of a seamless border but not...
  8. viewing windows side by side

viewing windows side by side: When I have two open windows showing and I right-click on the taskbar and select "Show windows side by side" one of the windows is placed above the other one (similar to the "show windows stacked" command, but without widening the windows to the full width of the screen)....
  9. Opening side by side multiple windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening side by side multiple windows?: Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how exactly are you suppose to do that? *Confused 121952
  10. Side by side windows

Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0