Windows 10: Multiple Windowsapps folders

Discus and support Multiple Windowsapps folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that an instance of the Windowsapps folder have insinuated itself on one of my data partitions, as well as having 6 Windowsapps folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Multiple Windowsapps folders

I just noticed that an instance of the Windowsapps folder have insinuated itself on one of my data partitions, as well as having 6 Windowsapps folders on my system drive.

I don't know exactly what's normal about all of this, but I'm pretty sure the one on my data drive doesn't belong there. I can't say when it appeared, but it had to be pretty recently.

Of course, my system wont let me open it or alter it, much less delete it, which is what I want to do.

I tried to use the "Take Ownership/Restore Rights" entry on my context menu, but I got
    Attachment 155887

and I don't know if that was the solution anyway (but I would like to know why it's not working)

Is it safe to do delete this folder? How can I do it?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 30, 2017
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Multiple WindowsApps folders, can i delete one

Thank you for the information. The main WindowsApps folder came together with the operating system. It means that it's within the Program Files. If you are sure that you didn't install any applications on your computer from the Microsoft Store and did not
    select the D drive as an install point, then you can delete it in safe mode.

Let us know how did it go or if you need further help.

Erika Aro, Sep 30, 2017
  3. Multiple WindowsApps folders, can i delete one

hi Erika Aro, as far as i remember i dont remember changing the path setting for microsoft apps. where can i check which folder is the one microsoft using so i can delete the other one. i.e where can i find that setting.

Vamsi Saladi, Sep 30, 2017
  4. Multiple Windowsapps folders

I restarted in safe mode, and deleted the folder. I hope it doesn't mess something up. Everything seems ok so far.

I still like to know why "Take Ownership/Restore Rights" isn't working tho.

5. bro67 Win User
    Trusted Installer used to be the user for Windows 8.x. They changed it for the current install of Windows 10 for some reason. They also added to restore it back to the original user. As for the multiple folders. I could see that with a portable drive and that each time you eject and install, Windows somehow is forgetting about that UUID belonging to Drive E. If you have not reserved, along with possible tools to clear stuff for housekeeping that could also be causing that issue.

bro67, Sep 30, 2017
  6. It's was on a partition on the same ssd, so who knows, but it happened suspiciously close to the last cumulative updates. Just sayin'.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Windowsapps folders

1. Multiple Windowsapps folders - Similar Threads - Multiple Windowsapps folders

2. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  3. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  4. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  5. Problematic WindowsApps Folder

Problematic WindowsApps Folder: Okey, here is the thing. - I am a user who regularly uses gamepass. From Windows Store.*** - And games downloaded from gamepass are installed in the Windowsapps folder. - Windowsapps folder is protected with ultra high security. - I have noticed that I do not have the...
  6. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  7. WindowsApp folder issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WindowsApp folder issues: My mate recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from his PC. However, when looking at his files, he noticed that the WindowsApps folder was still taking up a massive portion of the disk (he found out through using WinDirStat). Somehow, even though Sea of Theives does not appear...
  8. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  9. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  10. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsApps Folder Cleanup: Hi, I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running. I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to...