Windows 10: Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen

Discus and support Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I got 4 screens installed on my system. Each of them is used for a different application. Before last win update, every time I opened an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Sep 23, 2018.

1. arjfca Win User

Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen

Hello

I got 4 screens installed on my system. Each of them is used for a different application. Before last win update, every time I opened an application like Excel of Google Chrome it opened in the last screen before it was closed. Now I can't select they all opened on screen 1 and I need to move them to the appropriate screen .

Any idea how to resolve that?

:)

arjfca, Sep 23, 2018
  2. tdehan Win User

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

So... success and issue finally resolved? Otherwise let me know the precise step you're having problems with.

RobertJWin, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen

1. Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen - Similar Threads - Multiscreen Opening application

2. Lock screen application selections not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen application selections not appearing: When I initially updated to Windows 11, the weather would appear on the lock screen. Then, after opening the weather app and updating to my location, it updated on the lock screen as well. All was well. However, not a week later now I do not see the weather on the lock...
  3. Lock screen application selections not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen application selections not appearing: When I initially updated to Windows 11, the weather would appear on the lock screen. Then, after opening the weather app and updating to my location, it updated on the lock screen as well. All was well. However, not a week later now I do not see the weather on the lock...
  4. Change Screen Saver application will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Screen Saver application will not open: So I wanted to install a new screen saver to add to the list of screen savers in the application and I clicked "Install" on a screen saver and then I tried to open up the Change Screen Saver application and now it won't open. Does anyone have a fix for this? Windows Version...
  5. Change Screen Saver application will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Screen Saver application will not open: So I wanted to install a new screen saver to add to the list of screen savers in the application and I clicked "Install" on a screen saver and then I tried to open up the Change Screen Saver application and now it won't open. Does anyone have a fix for this? Windows Version...
  6. Open application window on the screen it was initiated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open application window on the screen it was initiated: Hello, On multi-monitor setup all the new application windows are being opened on the primary screen, for example: I click on the application in the taskbar on a secondary screen -> it opens on the primary screen I start executable on desktop on a secondary screen -> it...
  7. Selectively suspend applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selectively suspend applications: I've got a Bluestacks emulator running with several multiplayer game windows open, and I want to be able to selectively suspend the entire Bluestacks program, much like sleep mode. Right now, If the entire PC sleeps and wakes, the game running in the emulator will receive a...
  8. Applications opening off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications opening off screen: Hello, Do you have, like me, a lot of applications opening off-screen? I do have a dual monitor setup and from times to times an app would launch but not appear on any of my two screens. The application icon is in the task bar and upon cliking it do it's animation but...
  9. Is there any way to copy taskbars in multiscreen setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to copy taskbars in multiscreen setup: So what im trying to do is copy my taskbars so i have tray icons and ShowDesktop on all screens but windows only shows clock on non-main screens 140645
  10. When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...: When I open file explorer in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry. When I open Program Features/uninstall in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry. When I attempt to map a drive from Explorer, it fills in the last entry of the last map...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiscreen opening applications

2. multiscreen application

3. keep application on selected screen on multiscreen computer