Windows 10: Multitask many Desktops

Discus and support Multitask many Desktops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i'm multitasking Desktops i may have anywhere from 2-8 desktops open. The issue is when i'm moving items from one folder to another for instance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shawnpotter1, May 6, 2019.

1. Multitask many Desktops

When i'm multitasking Desktops i may have anywhere from 2-8 desktops open.

The issue is when i'm moving items from one folder to another for instance Desktop 1 it opens the move window an shows the progress!

So now in Desk top 4 i decide to move a folder to to another folder or item an the move window jumps back to and groups with the move in desktop 1.

The question how do i stop this jump grouping i would like the move window to stay in the deskto that im doing the move in not regroup to one window in another desktop!

:)

shawnpotter1, May 6, 2019

2. Medium Mouse for desktop multitasking

Desktop Multitasking usually includes:
    20-50 firefox tabs/10 windows opened
    Photoshop
    Sony Vegas
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Starcraft 2 Editor
    Text / Hex Editors
    A lot of folders ...

Occasionally:
    • I like to play a RTS game such as Starcraft 2 or COH ...etc , Maybe some Grand Theft Auto goofing driving car and modding, (don't care about story *Stick Out Tongue Multitask many Desktops :p) I only play a few hours a week.

What I hate:

• Mouse cursor jumping or jerky occasionally,
    • long button response time or unregistered click
    • pointer inaccuracy.
    What I want:
    • A mouse that doesn't have above problems and other nerveracking "cheap china crap" behavior.
    • Middle range mouse, not the cheapos, and not the professionals either.
    • Handling
    • As heavy as possible
    • Bigger button click feedback (deeper click and more hearable click feedback)
    What I don't care about:

• DPI performance and other FPS genre specific features.
    • Sideclick middle wheel capability
    • Wireless
    • Anything Logitech (I don't like the handling and how the mouse feels on my hand)
    Currently I have set my sights firmy at MadCatz Cyborg R.A.T 5 - the sidescroll wheel which I never knew existed looks like a total win for me, as I can imagine using that in different areas already. Previously I had Microsoft Sidewinder, I had debated between Deathadder, I like those styles of mouse when they're big at the back and go progressively down in straight line, no curves such as in most logitech or whatever.

The question is, does my choice fit? I don't have much mouse buying skills, but I do have logic.

-------------------------------------------
    ///////////////////////////////////////////
    -------------------------------------------

Here's the story for anyone curious - I know it doesn't matter at all but why not if I can.

Currently I'm on a backup cheap mouse because Sidewinder was basically broken, some of those problems for a year, so inaccurate, jerky, middle mouse button not registering always, one day I woke up very stressed (sleep cycle broken) and occasionally I check out some sports when nationals are going to win some big stuff, it was apline skiing this time and I basically missed the whole thing so I went online to get to archive, they had networking problems from traffic congestion, and the flash player was driving me crazy, I already hate adobe flash more than anything on this planet around PC, and this was one of those days when it blew up, the thing was lagging, it worked almost, except the part where I wanted to see, the flashplayer had capability to go 2 hours back timeshift, but the part I wanted to see didn't work for some effing reason, as things escalated the mouse received the punding, then I broke the middle mouse button, the wheel axis broke off and it wouldn't click no more, being basically offcenter the scrolling was like driving offroad, unfortunately it driven me more more into anger, tried to repair, heating the plastic to reattach the axis pin, the damn plastic just cools down too fast, because I really do want to use products as long as possible, I don't buy anything unless I really need it. Basically I got angered about something else the next day and at that point I broke the right click, stopped working, that's it, I cooled down in a short period of time because I basically accepted I'm getting rid of it and it's time for a replacement. But I still wanted revenge and to properly relieve the stress that still wanted to get out.

So here's the sidewinder, along with some dirt and dog hair ...

Multitask many Desktops PibpaZH.png

good riddance, this is the type of a big hammer that did it (btw, I did not expect i would write this story at the time of demolishment, but i thought it may happen so i took the picture with reluctance)

RuskiSnajper, May 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Multitasks

Hi, I would to suggest that the Multitasks resource on Windows 10 don´t miss when the PC turn off.

It´s really very good to organize tasks but is volatile.

I would like suggest the Microsoft Engineering think about this!

Regis Varandas, May 6, 2019
  4. Multitask many Desktops

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Multitask many Desktops

1. Multitask many Desktops - Similar Threads - Multitask many Desktops

2. hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...: Talking about this and I just wanna delete the destops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-have-a-problem-it-is-that-i-have-too-many/bd557128-cc7f-4eb2-8b39-d5ed2fe98fec
  3. hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...: Talking about this and I just wanna delete the destops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-have-a-problem-it-is-that-i-have-too-many/bd557128-cc7f-4eb2-8b39-d5ed2fe98fec
  4. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  5. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  6. multitasking Desktop little issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    multitasking Desktop little issue: Hi guys, is there anyway to make start menu only work only in current desktop not in all desktops?! when i press win key on keyboard all of my virtual desktops open it as well.... in normal use its not bother but when im trying to record screens in other desktops chunk...
  7. multitasking

multitasking: I have just changed desktops and transferred all programs and data, outlook, plus windows 10 office etc. I used multitasking a lot, including having multiple attachments open at the same time. This facility has disappeared. What do I have to do to recover this useful...
  8. multitasking

multitasking: Hello, When I try multitasking most often with applications such as: File explorer, google chrome and Notepad ++ the computer screen starts to blink .. the computer becomes useless at the moment ... please help me...
  9. Multitasking

Multitasking: Device: Lenovo ideacentre AIO 510S All-in-one Touchscreen PC Manufacturer part no: F0C3001RUK This is actually more about the mouse [2.4G wireless ZTM600 mouse, silver] than anything. The scroll bar on this mouse is like a touchpad and its a tiny bit problematic. On my...
  10. Multitasking "Add Desktop" button disappears

Multitasking "Add Desktop" button disappears: [ATTACH] Hi, my friend notices the "+" is missing. Anyone can fix it? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multitasking-add-desktop-button-disappears/0a109357-4faf-4f97-b187-976bad9b3699