Windows 10: Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

Discus and support Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by -235, Dec 2, 2022.

1. -235 Win User

Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word files for different projects, the files all lump together on one virtual desktop instead of opening in their designated desktops. I have to constantly move the applications where I want them constantly, which hinders productivity. Is there any way to fix this or prevent it from happening? Or is there an update soon that will f

:)

-235, Dec 2, 2022
  2. norcal618 Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

I just added a second monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I am a heavy user of the multitasking / virtual desktops feature that was new to the original release of Windows 10. I would like to know it is possible to have each of my two monitors have their
    own independent virtual desktops. I have searched through the settings and I don't see anything like this. Is this scenario possible?

norcal618, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Zeamon Win User

Virtual Desktop

Hi all

I made u muck up by *ahem* making too many virtual desktops (761) and now i cant view multitasking or delete any desktops

It wont work whether I click windows+tab or the multitask button. Is there a way to undo this or disable multitasking completely (i don't use it usually though . It lags my computer a bit too

It just comes up with This:

anybody know a solution? thanks -
    Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working 3febd9bd-c88d-45e4-9199-9994604a1b06.png

Zeamon, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working - Similar Threads - Multitask Virtual Desktop

2. Multitasking Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multitasking Not Working: When I open multiple screens on one computer, After about two hours, I'm not able to click on the screens using my mouse. When I hover over each screen. It's as if the mouse isn't connecting to the screen and it's not allowing me to switch back and forth.Can you assist?...
  3. Multitasking Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitasking Not Working: When I open multiple screens on one computer, After about two hours, I'm not able to click on the screens using my mouse. When I hover over each screen. It's as if the mouse isn't connecting to the screen and it's not allowing me to switch back and forth.Can you assist?...
  4. Multitasking Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  6. Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?: I have a HP ProBook x360 11 G1 EE, running Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I use the virtual desktop shortcuts a lot. Recently, they all just stopped working. I can't create a virtual desktop, I can't quickly access Task View, I can't switch between them with ctrl...
  7. Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?

Virtual Desktop Shortcuts not working?: I have a HP ProBook x360 11 G1 EE, running Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I use the virtual desktop shortcuts a lot. Recently, they all just stopped working. I can't create a virtual desktop, I can't quickly access Task View, I can't switch between them with ctrl...
  8. multitasking Desktop little issue

multitasking Desktop little issue: Hi guys, is there anyway to make start menu only work only in current desktop not in all desktops?! when i press win key on keyboard all of my virtual desktops open it as well.... in normal use its not bother but when im trying to record screens in other desktops chunk...
  9. Multitasking not working

Multitasking not working: I've been trying to use the multitasking option to open different desktops, but when I open a new desktop and try to open the same program I had already open in a different desktop it redirects me to that desktop instead of opening in the second desktop. How can I make it...
  10. Multitask many Desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multitask many Desktops: When i'm multitasking Desktops i may have anywhere from 2-8 desktops open. The issue is when i'm moving items from one folder to another for instance Desktop 1 it opens the move window an shows the progress! So now in Desk top 4 i decide to move a folder to to another...