Windows 10: multitasking Desktop little issue Start Menu

Discus and support multitasking Desktop little issue Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, is there anyway to make start menu only work only in current desktop not in all desktops?! when i press win key on keyboard all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amingh78, Apr 3, 2021.

1. amingh78 Win User

multitasking Desktop little issue Start Menu

Hi guys,

is there anyway to make start menu only work only in current desktop not in all desktops?!

when i press win key on keyboard all of my virtual desktops open it as well....

in normal use its not bother but when im trying to record screens in other desktops chunk of screen will be lost thanks to this issue.

if is there anyway to make it only open it in current desktop plz let me know

if not plz Microsoft ppl add this future if its possible

tnX

:)

amingh78, Apr 3, 2021

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Issues with start screen and start menu in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Before proceeding with the Troubleshooting steps I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps to see the Start screen.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.

2. Select Start on the left pane
    and select the option use start full screen to on

and see if it helps.

Meanwhile I suggest you to refer the link below and try the troubleshooting steps provided if the start menu is not working and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Fix problems with the Start menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 3, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

AndreePin, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. multitasking Desktop little issue Start Menu - Similar Threads - multitasking Desktop little

2. A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution: I was provided a resolution from Bernard on 2/21. I'm a bit confused because I already have Windows 10 Pro and the in-place upgrade link points to Windows 10 2022 Update Version 22H2. Directly below the update link is "Update Now" not "Download Now".Here's what Bernard sent...
  3. A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution: I was provided a resolution from Bernard on 2/21. I'm a bit confused because I already have Windows 10 Pro and the in-place upgrade link points to Windows 10 2022 Update Version 22H2. Directly below the update link is "Update Now" not "Download Now".Here's what Bernard sent...
  4. A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  6. Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working

Multitask Virtual Desktop Not Working: When using Adobe Pro, Excel, or Word, instead of opening the application in the virtual desktop that I am working on, it opens it instead to the original window that the application was first opened on.This causes issues because if I am working on multiple excel and word...
  7. A little issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A little issue: I am having this cmd prompt named 'gcaicdr' automatically opening up and closing down. I tried to click on it, then it didn't close automatically and I went to task manager, there I saw it was microsoft dotnet framework. I went to its properties and it in details it said that...
  8. multitasking Desktop little issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    multitasking Desktop little issue: Hi guys, is there anyway to make start menu only work only in current desktop not in all desktops?! when i press win key on keyboard all of my virtual desktops open it as well.... in normal use its not bother but when im trying to record screens in other desktops chunk...
  9. Multitask many Desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multitask many Desktops: When i'm multitasking Desktops i may have anywhere from 2-8 desktops open. The issue is when i'm moving items from one folder to another for instance Desktop 1 it opens the move window an shows the progress! So now in Desk top 4 i decide to move a folder to to another...
  10. unnamed, unopenable program in multitasking menu

unnamed, unopenable program in multitasking menu: When I open my multitasking menu, one of my windows is an unnamed, completely black, window. when I attempt to open it, it instantly crashes, and returns me to my previous screen. as far as I can tell, I have no programs that would be running a blank background process, at...