Windows 10: Multitouch broken

Discus and support Multitouch broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I have a Dell G5 15 5587. For a few monthes, there wasn't any problems. But from today,multitouch gestures stopped working. For example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheDevKiller_, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Multitouch broken

Hey everyone!

I have a Dell G5 15 5587. For a few monthes, there wasn't any problems. But from today,multitouch gestures stopped working. For example I can still move the cursor, click, drag&drop but I can't right click with two fingers, scroll... All this is on Windows 10, buton Linux Manjaro i3, it works without problems.

When I go in the Devices Manager, I can see that one I2C device doesn't work :
    A request for the HID descriptor failed.

Multitouch broken 3397a29b-c605-481c-9813-0e3937039913?upload=true.png

• I tried to :
    • Reset Windows
    • Clean reinstall Windows with iso
    • Reinstall Intel I/O, Intel HID Event filter and Intel Management Engine drivers
    • BIOS Update
    • SupportAssist
    • sfc /scannow
    • Remove the device then scan devices/reboot

I don't know what I could try anymore, do you have some ideas?

:)

TheDevKiller_, Oct 30, 2020

2. Nokia 701. Multitouch.

You may like to post your suggestion on the Ideas Project. It's the correct forum for requests such as yours.

http://www.ideasproject.com/community/about

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Kmartt Win User
    multitouch

pls how can i multitouch my pictures after my phone been upgraded to nokia 701 fp2

Kmartt, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Pipps Win User

Multitouch broken

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Multitouch broken

1. Multitouch broken - Similar Threads - Multitouch broken

2. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my hard disk broken: Hello Microsoft community, it's VinciMan here and i recently had a blue screen on my laptop, tried many YouTube tutorials to fix but none worked, still got the error log file d /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt. Finally found a video with the " solution" to format...
  3. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my hard disk broken: Hello Microsoft community, it's VinciMan here and i recently had a blue screen on my laptop, tried many YouTube tutorials to fix but none worked, still got the error log file d /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt. Finally found a video with the " solution" to format...
  4. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Has anyone experienced all MS updates being broken since after December 19, 2023?

Has anyone experienced all MS updates being broken since after December 19, 2023?: For the last four and a half months, I cannot update Windows backing out updates, Windows Store is failing to update any app Something happened on our end, search not even taking a single input. And now, just yesterday April 24, 2024, the new Outlook suddenly forgot me and is...
  6. how to disable multitouch on touchscreen windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable multitouch on touchscreen windows 10?: Need to use only one touch, but can not do it with touchscreen multitouch. Not gestures! touches. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-multitouch-on-touchscreen-windows/95799a2f-d470-4284-9f4a-21823007940a
  7. how to disable multitouch on touchscreen windows 10?

how to disable multitouch on touchscreen windows 10?: Need to use only one touch, but can not do it with touchscreen multitouch. Not gestures! touches. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-multitouch-on-touchscreen-windows/95799a2f-d470-4284-9f4a-21823007940a
  8. Windows is disabling multitouch out of nothing. Why??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is disabling multitouch out of nothing. Why??: To this day, I have not found a single thing that works the way it should on windows 10. Now, the multi touch is not working anymore out of sudden. Now I cant use the two fingers to scrol trough the pages. I did nothing wrong at all. How do I fix that? The settings are so...
  9. How to use multitouch in remote desktop session?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use multitouch in remote desktop session?: Hi folks, When I use RDP from my laptop, three-finger touches attempt to change the display topology via the Project settings instead of sending a middle-click. It drives me nuts, since middle-click is something I need to constantly use while changing projector /...
  10. HOW to transform a SYNAPTICS multitouch PAD to a onefinger PAD

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW to transform a SYNAPTICS multitouch PAD to a onefinger PAD: Hello, I have a new LENOVO V330 with a multitouch PAD, but I cannot use the PAD because I have only one finger , and I cannot use a mouse either because my wrist blocked. So I would like to use the new PAD without the option multitouch, like the old one I had before on my...