Windows 10: Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...

Discus and support Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been having some strange problems with Windows 10, particularly when I initially start up my computer after shutting it down. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ezonater, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Ezonater Win User

Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...

Recently I have been having some strange problems with Windows 10, particularly when I initially start up my computer after shutting it down.

The problems include:

• The video not playing, as well as the scrubber not being able to be moved, on any media player installed on my system
      • This includes Movies + TV, VLC Media Player, and Sony Vegas
    • Not being able to rearrange icons on my taskbar. When I attempt to move them, they either do not move, or return back to their original positions.
      • I am still able to rearrange shortcuts and folders on my desktop
    • Not being able to rearrange tabs on either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge by dragging them.
    • Selecting text by dragging the mouse does not work on some software, notably text that I cannot edit.

These problems arose a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember any changes I had made to my computer during the time besides a registry edit I made regarding this post: Registry Edit

All of these problems go away after I restart my computer for the first time, but persist after shutting down my computer completely.

I have tried creating a new local account, but the issue persists there as well.

I have also tried repairing system files by running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you :

:)

Ezonater, Feb 27, 2021

2. Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

Google Chrome Help

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 27, 2021
  3. creeve4 Win User
    Chrome Bookmark Folders are screwed up

This is what I see in Chrome under about:gpu

Graphics Feature Status
    • Canvas: Hardware accelerated
    • 3D CSS: Hardware accelerated
    • Compositing: Hardware accelerated on all pages and threaded
    • CSS Animation: Accelerated and threaded
    • Flash 3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
    • WebGL multisampling: Hardware accelerated
    • Texture Sharing: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
    • Video: Hardware accelerated
    • Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
    • WebGL: Hardware accelerate
    The problem persists even after adding "--disable-gpu --disable-software-rasterizer" to the Chrome.exe shortcut as you suggested.

creeve4, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...

Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist... - Similar Threads - Multitude problems videos

2. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  3. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  4. Google Chrome will automatically play YouTube videos in PiP if you switch tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will automatically play YouTube videos in PiP if you switch tabs: KEY POINTS Google Chrome is introducing an automatic picture-in-picture (PiP) mode for YouTube and other videos. The auto PiP mode is designed to enhance multitasking. For instance, if a user is watching a YouTube tutorial and needs to switch tabs, the video will move to a...
  5. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  6. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  7. Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...: Recently I have been having some strange problems with Windows 10, particularly when I initially start up my computer after shutting it downProblems include:Video not playing, as well as the scrubber not being able to be moved, on any media player installed on my systemThis...
  8. Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multitude of problems videos not playing, icon/chrome tabs not being movable, + persist...: Recently I have been having some strange problems with Windows 10, particularly when I initially start up my computer after shutting it down. The problems include: The video not playing, as well as the scrubber not being able to be moved, on any media player installed on...
  9. A multitude of hopefully related problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A multitude of hopefully related problems.: First and foremost no matter how hard I try I cant seem to download the new updates for windows 10. When trying I get "the file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupted setup cannot continue. Error Code is [0x36B3]" I've tried a lot of different things most of which...
  10. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...