Windows 10: MUP service missing

Discus and support MUP service missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just noticed this as a result of trying to fix the group policy service, which dependant on MUP therefore I don't know if it was always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helkav, Feb 14, 2016.

1. helkav Win User

MUP service missing

I have just noticed this as a result of trying to fix the group policy service, which dependant on MUP
    therefore I don't know if it was always missing, happened in an upgrade

has anyone else had a similar experience, any ideas

there are suggestions online about how to "fix" by restoring mup.sys (in system32) to the services, but I'm a bit wary as there NOTHING on the official MS sites about this : not even the basic info on mup service

:)

helkav, Feb 14, 2016

2. Image Backup - Does Event ID 513 CAPI2 Affect Integrity of Backup?

The problem with using the Windows 8 solution is that in this case Windows 10 seems to require different parameters.

---------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>accesschk.exe -c mslldp

Accesschk v6.0 - Reports effective permissions for securable objects

Copyright (C) 2006-2015 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

mslldp

RW NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

RW BUILTIN\Administrators

R S-1-5-32-549

R NT SERVICE\NlaSvc

C:\WINDOWS\system32>accesschk.exe -c mup

Accesschk v6.0 - Reports effective permissions for securable objects

Copyright (C) 2006-2015 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

mup

RW NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

RW BUILTIN\Administrators

R NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE

R NT AUTHORITY\SERVICE

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc sdshow mslldp

DMUP service missing :(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc sdshow mup

DMUP service missing :(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)SMUP service missing :(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

---------------------------------

The Windows 8 solution was tried by Dave_O here

Builds 10532, ..., Windows 10 RTM: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object

and he tried modifying the parameters appropriately for Windows 10, but he didn't end up with success.

He (Dave_O) concludes:

"I followed the procedure above, being careful NOT to just copy the sc command from the post, but modifying the parameters from my system. accesschk showed proper permissions, and System Image creation no longer generates any CAP12 errors.

"On my system, UEFI/GPT style partition, the System Image backup now fails with a different error, possibly related to the recovery partition not being large enough for a Shadow copy. "

I'm not willing to try the Windows 8 solution on my Windows 10 computer until someone figures out what is required for Windows 10 and has success putting it in.

Keith6789Smith, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Fake Microsoft "Security Warning".

Rkill 2.8.4 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)

BleepingComputer

Copyright 2008-2016 BleepingComputer.com

More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:

RKill - What it does and What it Doesn't - A brief introduction to the program - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

Program started at: 12/11/2016 09:11:57 AM in x64 mode.

Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Windows Defender Disabled

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]

"DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* gagp30kx [Missing Service]

* IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]

* IoQos [Missing Service]

* nv_agp [Missing Service]

* TimeBroker [Missing Service]

* uagp35 [Missing Service]

* uliagpkx [Missing Service]

* WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]

* wpcfltr [Missing Service]

* WSService [Missing Service]

* agp440 [Missing ImagePath]

* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]

* WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]

* vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

* vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 12/11/2016 09:13:32 AM

Execution time: 0 hours(s), 1 minute(s), and 35 seconds(s)

**************************************************************************************************************

The only part of the report I do not understand and would like help with is the following:

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* gagp30kx [Missing Service]

* IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]

* IoQos [Missing Service]

* nv_agp [Missing Service]

* TimeBroker [Missing Service]

* uagp35 [Missing Service]

* uliagpkx [Missing Service]

* WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]

* wpcfltr [Missing Service]

* WSService [Missing Service]

DavidG_908, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

MUP service missing

1. MUP service missing - Similar Threads - MUP service missing

2. Missing DeviceCensus Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing DeviceCensus Service: Hello Community,I am a little bit confused at the moment. I am currently experiencing some errors with my Windows 11. Upon examining the available services, I noticed that certain services are missing descriptions, such as the "McpManagementService" for example. After...
  3. Missing DeviceCensus Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing DeviceCensus Service: Hello Community,I am a little bit confused at the moment. I am currently experiencing some errors with my Windows 11. Upon examining the available services, I noticed that certain services are missing descriptions, such as the "McpManagementService" for example. After...
  4. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing DLL and services: i've been on that for too long i need someone to answer because i just can't find anything about it...i've upgraded the ram of my Desktop PC, making sure that it is compatible with the rest of my setup, and after i installed it, i wanted to test how well to can take vr, which...
  5. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing DLL and services: i've been on that for too long i need someone to answer because i just can't find anything about it...i've upgraded the ram of my Desktop PC, making sure that it is compatible with the rest of my setup, and after i installed it, i wanted to test how well to can take vr, which...
  6. WINDOWS SERVICES ARE MISSING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS SERVICES ARE MISSING: Windows Defender service are missing in services. The only service that I found was Windows Firewall, other than that I can't find any Windows Defender Service at Services. Moreover, Windows Defender Virus & Protection stopped running, and whenever I press "Restart Now" it...
  7. WMDC missing in services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMDC missing in services: Hello, After latest update, WMDC is missing from services. It is Windows Mobile 2003 for connecting and synchronizing DPA devices. Normally I would turn these processes in service to be log on with local account and allowed it access to interact with desktop, but after...
  8. Missing Service?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Service?: Not sure if this should be here so I apologize. Currently I have Windows 10 build 2004 19041.388 Is it just me or has "Computer Browser" just disappeared? I checked my other systems with the same Windows version and it is gone from the list. 161046
  9. Windows services missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows services missing: with the whole Pso2 mess , now im having issues login into xbox live , resintalled xbox live , installed all the apps that are required to run it , i click sign in and nothing happens! , after wondering wth was going on , i noticed that in w10 services im supposed to have...
  10. Superfetch missing in services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Superfetch missing in services: I have deleted the files under readyboost in prefetch. Still not superfetch to be found. No prefetch in the services. Used BATCMD to restart fltmgr - also not in services. Also reset superfetch from Batcmd. Please help! Thanks!...