Windows 10: MUP service missing

Discus and support MUP service missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just noticed this as a result of trying to fix the group policy service, which dependant on MUP therefore I don't know if it was always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helkav, Feb 14, 2016.

1. helkav Win User

MUP service missing

I have just noticed this as a result of trying to fix the group policy service, which dependant on MUP
    therefore I don't know if it was always missing, happened in an upgrade

has anyone else had a similar experience, any ideas

there are suggestions online about how to "fix" by restoring mup.sys (in system32) to the services, but I'm a bit wary as there NOTHING on the official MS sites about this : not even the basic info on mup service

:)

helkav, Feb 14, 2016

2. Image Backup - Does Event ID 513 CAPI2 Affect Integrity of Backup?

The problem with using the Windows 8 solution is that in this case Windows 10 seems to require different parameters.

---------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>accesschk.exe -c mslldp

Accesschk v6.0 - Reports effective permissions for securable objects

Copyright (C) 2006-2015 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

mslldp

RW NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

RW BUILTIN\Administrators

R S-1-5-32-549

R NT SERVICE\NlaSvc

C:\WINDOWS\system32>accesschk.exe -c mup

Accesschk v6.0 - Reports effective permissions for securable objects

Copyright (C) 2006-2015 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

mup

RW NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

RW BUILTIN\Administrators

R NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE

R NT AUTHORITY\SERVICE

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc sdshow mslldp

DMUP service missing :(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc sdshow mup

DMUP service missing :(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)SMUP service missing :(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

---------------------------------

The Windows 8 solution was tried by Dave_O here

Builds 10532, ..., Windows 10 RTM: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object

and he tried modifying the parameters appropriately for Windows 10, but he didn't end up with success.

He (Dave_O) concludes:

"I followed the procedure above, being careful NOT to just copy the sc command from the post, but modifying the parameters from my system. accesschk showed proper permissions, and System Image creation no longer generates any CAP12 errors.

"On my system, UEFI/GPT style partition, the System Image backup now fails with a different error, possibly related to the recovery partition not being large enough for a Shadow copy. "

I'm not willing to try the Windows 8 solution on my Windows 10 computer until someone figures out what is required for Windows 10 and has success putting it in.

Keith6789Smith, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Fake Microsoft "Security Warning".

Rkill 2.8.4 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)

BleepingComputer

Copyright 2008-2016 BleepingComputer.com

More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:

RKill - What it does and What it Doesn't - A brief introduction to the program - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

Program started at: 12/11/2016 09:11:57 AM in x64 mode.

Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Windows Defender Disabled

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]

"DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* gagp30kx [Missing Service]

* IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]

* IoQos [Missing Service]

* nv_agp [Missing Service]

* TimeBroker [Missing Service]

* uagp35 [Missing Service]

* uliagpkx [Missing Service]

* WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]

* wpcfltr [Missing Service]

* WSService [Missing Service]

* agp440 [Missing ImagePath]

* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]

* WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]

* vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

* vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 12/11/2016 09:13:32 AM

Execution time: 0 hours(s), 1 minute(s), and 35 seconds(s)

**************************************************************************************************************

The only part of the report I do not understand and would like help with is the following:

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* gagp30kx [Missing Service]

* IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]

* IoQos [Missing Service]

* nv_agp [Missing Service]

* TimeBroker [Missing Service]

* uagp35 [Missing Service]

* uliagpkx [Missing Service]

* WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]

* wpcfltr [Missing Service]

* WSService [Missing Service]

DavidG_908, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

MUP service missing

1. MUP service missing - Similar Threads - MUP service missing

2. NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing: TrustedInstaller is missing when i try to give TrustedInstaller back the ownership of WindowsApps Folder in program files. What I did: 1. I gave myself the ownership of WindowsApps folder in program files through its advanced security settings. 2. Then after I had done...
  3. Missing windows updater services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing windows updater services: I cannot download or update apps from the windows store, nor can i update windows. I have no 'windows updater' service in windows services. Attempting to download an app gave the error code 0x80070424 . Any help would be appreciated, thanks...
  4. Windows store install service is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store install service is missing: I've been trying so hard to get my windows store to work over the last few days. I found that my windows updater was missing and my windows store install service was missing. I was able to reinstall windows updater but I'm unsure what I need to do to get my windows store...
  5. Superfetch missing in services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Superfetch missing in services: I have deleted the files under readyboost in prefetch. Still not superfetch to be found. No prefetch in the services. Used BATCMD to restart fltmgr - also not in services. Also reset superfetch from Batcmd. Please help! Thanks!...
  6. Windows Defender Service missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service missing.: Hi, I have a big issue, the Windows Defender Service is completely missing from the services and as such Windows Defender isn't working. Been searching and haven't been able to find something that solves my issue. Windows 10 Pro. Already tried - DISM - Failed,...
  7. Service registration is missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Service registration is missing or corrupt: Before I updated to Windows 10, I must have damaged some files whilst trying to turn off Windows 10 notifications in Windows 7. I couldn't do any updates in Windows 7 either. There is no error code. Windows update troubleshooter says: "Service registration is missing or...
  8. Service registration is missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Service registration is missing or corrupt: Did everything mentioned here and here, to no avail. I even tried "SFC/ Scannow", and it didn't find any integrity violations. Please help! 57652
  9. Service Registration is missing or corrupt...?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Registration is missing or corrupt...?: I've been having a couple issues with an APP not connecting. So I ran the Windows Fixit Program and its telling me my "Service Registration is missing or corrupt". So I need help with fixing this problem. Can you help me? Thanks. 24985
  10. The Windows Fax Service and Work Folders Service Seem to be missing

in Windows 10 Support
    The Windows Fax Service and Work Folders Service Seem to be missing: A security utility that I ran informed me that the the two services are missing. When I issue the WFS command nothing happens. I have no idea what the other service is and whether it's necessary. Can anybody enlighten me and is there a way to reinstall them? Thanks....