Windows 10: Mus USB ports turning on and off

Discus and support Mus USB ports turning on and off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, After updating my windows 10, i am having problem with mu USB ports. I have Logitech flight instruments, Radio panel, Multi panel, when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GeorgeK6, Dec 15, 2018.

1. GeorgeK6 Win User

Mus USB ports turning on and off

Hi,

After updating my windows 10, i am having problem with mu USB ports.

I have Logitech flight instruments, Radio panel, Multi panel, when I am running P3D v4 the USBs starts acting up and then throws me out of the game?

GK

:)

GeorgeK6, Dec 15, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Mus USB ports turning on and off [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Mus USB ports turning on and off

Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Mus USB ports turning on and off

1. Mus USB ports turning on and off - Similar Threads - Mus USB ports

2. How can I turn a USB port on and off at will?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn a USB port on and off at will?: I have a lamp that I plug to a USB port in my PC.I'd like to be able to turn it off without unplugging it.The Device Manager “Disable device" option for "USB Composite Device" doesn't work....
  3. How can I turn a USB port on and off at will?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I turn a USB port on and off at will?: I have a lamp that I plug to a USB port in my PC.I'd like to be able to turn it off without unplugging it.The Device Manager “Disable device" option for "USB Composite Device" doesn't work....
  4. How can I turn a USB port on and off at will?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows is turning off an USB port RANDOMLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is turning off an USB port RANDOMLY: Here is a not fun problem, windows has been randomly turning off my left USB port, it's not being disabled like in the device manager, it's something else, it can happen anytime, it will just randomly stop working, and will only come back once i restart the computer, i've...
  6. Windows is turning off an USB port RANDOMLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is turning off an USB port RANDOMLY: Here is a not fun problem, windows has been randomly turning off my left USB port, it's not being disabled like in the device manager, it's something else, it can happen anytime, it will just randomly stop working, and will only come back once i restart the computer, i've...
  7. Windows is turning off an USB port RANDOMLY

8. USB ports will not turn off

USB ports will not turn off: I had this happen before on another build, but was able to fix the problem. This time, on a new build, I cannot get the usb ports to shut down when shutting off the PC. I have tried every suggestion I could find including disable fast startup, disabling selective USB...
  9. Issue with USB ports turning off

Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...
  10. Issue with USB ports turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...