Windows 10: Musecador backdoor was detected

Discus and support Musecador backdoor was detected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; PreSignInSettingsConfig.json detected as Backdoor:BAT/Musecador.A by Windows Defender, generated by OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe and a VirusTotal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bewser, Nov 20, 2019.

1. bewser Win User

Musecador backdoor was detected

PreSignInSettingsConfig.json detected as Backdoor:BAT/Musecador.A by Windows Defender, generated by OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe and a
    VirusTotal detection ratio: 1/68 according to Microsoft Defender ATP but when checking this manually at virustotal.com the detection rate is 0, false alert in the definition files?

:)

bewser, Nov 20, 2019
  2. LynnTatum Win User

calc.exe Calculator worms IRCBot backdoor Trojans

• Name
    Microsoft Calculator

• Filename
    calc.exe

• Command
    calc.exe

• Description
    A variant of the
    IRCBot
    family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

LynnTatum, Nov 20, 2019
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    calc.exe Calculator worms IRCBot backdoor Trojans

Lynn,

Are you saying Defender detects Microsoft's own calculator as an IRC backdoor Trojan?? That seems unlikely, really. It detects it, then what? That worm is very old and risk level is rated Low by Symantec.

CarolLJ, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Musecador backdoor was detected

Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Musecador backdoor was detected

1. Musecador backdoor was detected - Similar Threads - Musecador backdoor was

2. backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backdoor virus: want to remove backdoor virus but not able to remove that with window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backdoor-virus/34107b33-a39e-408d-95b8-66d279b9408d
  3. backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backdoor virus: want to remove backdoor virus but not able to remove that with window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backdoor-virus/34107b33-a39e-408d-95b8-66d279b9408d
  4. Backdoor attack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backdoor attack?: My wife was almost the victim of scammers imitating PayPal. During the conversation her Blue screen said "software updating, do not turn off your computer". She scanned with Norton 360 and found nothing. Today she got the same screen. She immediately removed WiFi adapter and...
  5. Backdoor attack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backdoor attack?: My wife was almost the victim of scammers imitating PayPal. During the conversation her Blue screen said "software updating, do not turn off your computer". She scanned with Norton 360 and found nothing. Today she got the same screen. She immediately removed WiFi adapter and...
  6. Backdoor attack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. backdoors

backdoors: My pc recently I think got hacked because windows defender keeps saying everyday that i have new backdoors in files like spotify , nvcontainer , amd , etc. Can you guys help me fix this because I dont want my pc to blue screen. Thanks!...
  8. MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors: I commonly run MSERT every week as additional virus checking on my various computers. This week it detected two backdoors: PHP/Dirtelti.MTF and PHP/Dirtelti:MTG. The explanations I've found for these is vague at best. There's no indication with the tool which files were...
  9. 'Musecador' backdoor was detected

'Musecador' backdoor was detected: We have received 'Musecador' backdoor was detected alert on Defender for about 35 user machines. When Investigated further on this alert, PreSignInSettingsConfig.json detected as Backdoor:BAT/Musecador.A by Windows Defender, generated by OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe and a...
  10. Backdoors on a computer

Backdoors on a computer: Does the Microsoft Programs protect a computer/Laptop from Backdoors? And how to chech is there are backdoors on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/backdoors-on-a-computer/4f1c60a1-9650-40fb-97db-b10fbccf9826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backdoor:bat/musecador.a

2. PreSignInSettingsConfig.json

3. musecador meaning

4. PreSignInSettingsConfig.json detected as Backdoor:BAT/Musecador.A by Windows Defender generated by OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe,
  5. Musecador,
  6. windows defender backdoor:bat/musecador.a,
  7. musecador backdoor was detected