Windows 10: Music and game audio playing through my mic

Discus and support Music and game audio playing through my mic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently come across a problem where my music or game audio plays through my headset's mic. This started happening a month or two ago iirc. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LemurRumel, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Music and game audio playing through my mic

I've recently come across a problem where my music or game audio plays through my headset's mic. This started happening a month or two ago iirc. I have tried so many solutions and none of them worked. I don't know what the solution could be now. I've reinstalled drivers, tried different headsets (my current headset works perfectly on other laptops or pc's), tried different windows settings, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Would really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

submitted by /u/LemurRumel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LemurRumel, Mar 1, 2021
  2. NicolaiC Win User

Redirect application audio as mic audio

There is a app I use for my mic called WO mic and this plays live audio from my phone to the computer application, can I redirect the audio in the PC application as Mic audio for gaming? If not are there any applications I can download that can do this?

NicolaiC, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Dragondog Win User
    G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Music and game audio playing through my mic

No music tracks play in games, but other audio works

I've encountered many strange issues over the years, but this one has me baffled.

I have a Thinkpad T510 with Windows 10 Pro N installed on it. While playing a game, I pressed Shift too many times and got the Sticky keys popup. Ever since then, I have lost any music while playing video games. I get normal sounds, such as gunfire, voices
    and so on, but no music will play, regardless of the game played.

I first thought that the problem would be caused by the Ease of Access features, since the problem began with an ease of access popup. All of the options there are disabled, so I don't see what I can do there to fix this.

I checked my audio settings and disabled all audio enhancements as described in an online tutorial I found for sound issues in Windows 10, but there was no change. I also disabled my mic, in case that had anything to do with it, but of course, that did
    nothing to help.

My DXDiag shows nothing out of the ordinary either.

After all this, I tried to reinstall my audio drivers, but apparently that doesn't work either.

Honestly, I'm at a loss and I can't find this particular problem mentioned anywhere if I make a google search. I can see people without any audio, but not with some audio, without any BGM.

By the way, I have no audio problems when watching videos online or saved on my hard drive, only when playing games.

Can anyone help?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

F. Boiteau, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Music and game audio playing through my mic

1. Music and game audio playing through my mic - Similar Threads - Music game audio

2. Sending In Game audio through Earphone Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending In Game audio through Earphone Mic: When ever i play games my team mates can listen my in game sound, i have re installed my drivers, bought new earphones & searched for online solution but it didn't help...
  3. Sending In Game audio through Earphone Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sending In Game audio through Earphone Mic: When ever i play games my team mates can listen my in game sound, i have re installed my drivers, bought new earphones & searched for online solution but it didn't help...
  4. Sending In Game audio through Earphone Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  6. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  7. audio playing through mic?

audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  8. All audio playing through mic

All audio playing through mic: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my microphone on my headset, the audio of whatever is on my desktop still plays through my mic. This also occurred on an old headset. My...
  9. audio playing through mic issue.

audio playing through mic issue.: did you ever find a resolution for this i have had the same issue withg multiple headsets but i always have the same issue, i cant find anything useful online and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. this is my discord if its easier to respond on that thanks! will neill...
  10. Headphones audio plays through mic too

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones audio plays through mic too: For some reason there’s an echo for what I’m hearing through my headphones into my mic and it’s not a hardware problem because I tried muting through the headphones and recording still in the recording I could hear the audio my pc was playing I tried everything but I couldn’t...