Windows 10: Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

Discus and support Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As we mentioned on January 21st, we’re bringing new universal applications that will ship with Windows 10 including new Music and Video apps. Today, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

Source: Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs are Headed to the Store for Windows Insiders

:)

Brink, Mar 30, 2015

2. Sync music and video to SD card using the Windows Phone 8 App Preview 2

Thanks to Phil S for his answer.
    I would elaborate on it as follows for clarity:

• Plug in your Windows Phone and launch the Windows Phone app for desktop on your PC.
    • Under each of the headings - music, photos, videos, podcasts - uncheck the first "Sync" box (i.e. uncheck "Sync music", etc.) and click the sync button. This deletes all of the items from the phone.
    • Unplug the phone from the PC and close the desktop application.
    • In the phone, go to Settings --> system --> phone storage, select the SD card and "format SD card" (assuming you are about to use it for the first time).
    • Go back into Settings --> system --> phone storage and go down to "Store music+videos on" and change this to "SD card". Do likewise for "Store new pictures on" (if required).
    • Close phone Settings, plug your phone back into your PC and launch the Windows Phone app for desktop on your PC.
    • Under each of the headings - music, photos, videos, podcasts - check the first "Sync" box (i.e. uncheck "Sync music", etc.) and configure your media for syncing as required. The media files should now sync to your SD card.

mjfuller44, Mar 30, 2015
  3. Ceebfost Win User
    Sync music and video to SD card using the Windows Phone 8 App Preview 2

This the way to do it.....convoluted yes, but this is 100% spot on

Ceebfost, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

This is something I am interested in, anyone tried these yet?
    I have had to give up at the moment on TP or I would try myself, only because by BB is so slow it is a pain to download

One thing I don't understand, or perhaps I do but not 100% clear
    If you have a music pass, you can browse/stream/download anything from the store direct from the app (but not buy)
    If you don't have a music pass the only way to view the content is through the store (current beta one), this is coming soon

paulsalter, Apr 1, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    I downloaded the Music Preview but frankly, I don't see a big difference between that and the Music app already available with Windows. I couldn't get the Music artwork to display in the Preview when the songs played. Maybe it is user error but I'll keep looking at it.

gzt7d8, Apr 1, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    The most obvious differences for me is that with the Music app I can play music I have on OneDrive. Music Preview strangely will let me display artwork - just not play any music *Sad Could be pebcak though.

adamf, Apr 1, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    I read somewhere that media center is gone, will Windows 10 still have windows Media Player? I will give these a try

Dude, Apr 1, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

Windows Media Player still works and is great. It is much nicer to use for music than the music app or the preview one.

WMC was (for me) pointless and rather ugly. I have a license but never used it. As far as I understand it was useful for people with TV Tuners which never really took off here. There are other better alternatives (XMBC I think) but TV has never really been my thing - I just watch whatever is top of the download list in the US.

adamf, Apr 1, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    The Music Preview appears to be nothing more then XBOX Muisc player just a different color. It isn't bad, albeit it leaks the ability for the user to set it up the way he/she would like. I am not a big fan of the idea that a player just goes and fines all the music on a system and then sets it up the way the coders think it should be. Hopefully this is a preview that will be reworked so that the individuals using this player will have the ability to setup the player the way they would like. . .other then that it isn't all that bad..

10. adamf Win User
    As long as it doesn't decide to change the tags you've spent years setting of course like it did in the past. I'm not against the idea but there are lots of $10 a month services and this doesn't look better enough for me. Without streaming your own stuff (which doesn't work but presumably should) it is only a slightly worse WMP.

I have the music I want already. If I feel like listening to blues without having to pick it out while I do the cooking or washing up I'll find some old git DJ from Louisiane on TuneIn radio or something.

Guess I'm not the target market...

adamf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Music Video Preview

2. apple music preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apple music preview: Microsoft storeApple music preview0x80072EE2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85apple-music/ca758c1f-190b-465f-9c60-0b4ba71560e7
  3. apple music preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apple music preview: Microsoft storeApple music preview0x80072EE2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85apple-music/ca758c1f-190b-465f-9c60-0b4ba71560e7
  4. How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...: Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and uninstall update doesn't fix that bug, so I have to reinstall it. I realize that preview pane in File Explorer isn't the same as...
  5. How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...: Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and uninstall update doesn't fix that bug, so I have to reinstall it. I realize that preview pane in File Explorer isn't the same as...
  6. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  7. Microsoft 10 video music

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft 10 video music: Hello would it be possible to use the Amplified song on video editor in a youtube video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-video-music/c4abb818-2e6f-454d-8026-16f3f106f3fd"
  8. MUSIC VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    MUSIC VIDEOS: **OK; Now with this LATEST MS UPDATE, which just about kept my computer for more than 1 day, (download, install, over and over), now when I try to go on to ANY music videos, the color is DISTORTED. I looked at some music videos about 1 wk ago, and was fine; now, the latest...
  9. Music and Video Preview apps

Music and Video Preview apps: The links on MS pages don't seem to take you to the correct place. You get what looks like a good link, but pressing the [install] button just starts spinning the wait icon. I had to go to the Store (beta) and search for Preview, then press view all > in the apps list...
  10. windows 10 video preview

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 video preview: noticed while using win 10 on new PC (pre installed) the preview pane shows controls to play some video's but not others i have files such as .flv .mp4 .mpg .avi they used to all work in win 8.1 older machine but not on win 10. and the thumbnails don't always...