Windows 10: Music CDs

Discus and support Music CDs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, can upload a store - bought music CD . I want to put it in my E-drive and copy/upload the tracks to my music folder so I can then download them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimSparacco, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Music CDs

Hey, can upload a store - bought music CD . I want to put it in my E-drive and copy/upload the tracks to my music folder so I can then download them onto my Apple I pod.

:)

JimSparacco, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to Download Music CD's from External Hard Drive to a Flash Drive on a Lap Top with Windows 10

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, let me know where exactly the Music is saved on? Is it on the CD's or External Hard drive?

Step 1:

If it is on the CD's, you may have to copy it the computer first and then copy it the Flash Drive. I suggest you to refer the article to know how to copy music from CD's to computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/rip-burn

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Step 2:

After copying the music to the computer, to move it to the Flash Drive Follow these steps.

• Select the required songs and
      right-click
      on it.
    • Select copy.
    • Go to the Flash drive and right-click on Free Space.
    • Select Paste.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Music CDs

Music CD Burn controls seem primitive at best ....

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with burning music onto a CD.

Please try the methods below and check if the issue can be fixed.

• Rip (copy) the music to your hard drive.

Before ripping your CD, change your burning quality to the highest quality: Click Organize, choose Options, click the Rip Music tab, and change the Format box to WAV (Lossless). Click OK.

• Insert a blank CD into your writable CD drive.

• In Windows Media Player's Navigation Pane, click the Music category and choose Album to see your saved CDs.

• Right-click the newly ripped album in your library, choose Add To, and choose Burn List.

If your Burn List already had some listed music, click the Clear List button to clear it; then add your CD's music to the Burn List.

• Click the Start Burn button.
    Now, for the fine print. Unless you change the quality to WAV (Lossless) when copying the CD to your PC, Windows Media Player compresses your songs as it saves them on your hard drive, throwing out some audio quality in the process. Burning them back to
    CD won't replace that lost quality. If you want the most accurate duplicates Windows Media Player can handle, change the Ripping Format to WAV (Lossless).

If you do change the format to WAV (Lossless) in order to duplicate a CD, remember to change it back to MP3 afterward, or else your hard drive will run out of room when you begin ripping a lot of CDs.

Reply to us if whether you are able to burn CD after following the step above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Music CDs

1. Music CDs - Similar Threads - Music CDs

2. Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...: Why am I not able to drag and drop music files CDAs to a folder in file explorer or even rename the song titles?I have tried to use a burner program but the program does not recognize the file type.I am really disgusted with windows and they shut be shut and never opened!!!If...
  3. Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...: Why am I not able to drag and drop music files CDAs to a folder in file explorer or even rename the song titles?I have tried to use a burner program but the program does not recognize the file type.I am really disgusted with windows and they shut be shut and never opened!!!If...
  4. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  5. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  6. 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.: I have Windows 10 Home. Windows version 20H2. I'm not sure if this is software related, but I have two questions. My 5.25" optical drive won't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds and dvds fine. Also the other problem is probably minor. One Drive shows as being up to...
  7. Music is mixed together from 2 CDs?

Music is mixed together from 2 CDs?: I am in the process of digitizing my CD collection. And some of my songs are on two CDs. When I make these two CDs into one CD in the folder, the data and songs get mixed up. Even if, I arrange the number of the songs so that they are in the right order. How can I fix this?...
  8. My burned CDs from windows 7 won't play in Win10, after I transferred all my music

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My burned CDs from windows 7 won't play in Win10, after I transferred all my music: I'm excited with my new PC, unfortunately windows media player can not play most of my music collection that I transferred from my old PC, mostly burned CDs into my old PC....
  9. New computer with Windows 10 installed won't play or recognize music CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer with Windows 10 installed won't play or recognize music CDs: I recently bought a new Acer desktop computer with Windows 10 installed. When I attempt to play a music CD, Media Player will neither play the CD nor apparently even recognize that a CD has been inserted. I've read some other comments here about this issue but I've yet to...
  10. How do I make WMP default application for music CDs?

How do I make WMP default application for music CDs?: I posted here just over a week ago because I was trying to install WMP on my PC; thanks to you guys I disovered that it was already installed, even though there was no icon on the desktop, start menu or application bar. Anyway, I'm now trying to set it as the default...