Windows 10: Music file won't play in windows 11

Discus and support Music file won't play in windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 11, I transferred my music file from my external hard drive to windows media player legacy and now the majority of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sam Dauphine, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Music file won't play in windows 11

After upgrading to windows 11, I transferred my music file from my external hard drive to windows media player legacy and now the majority of my folders / songs went into an unknown listing. All the songs are listed in numerical order only. The worst part there is an error code 0xc00d36c4 which I can't seem to find a solution. I've scanned, chkdsk, check disk for errors on my external hard drive and the folder/files are still appearing but they won't play! Am I doing something wrong?

:)

Sam Dauphine, Jun 8, 2023
  2. DEREKDYDE Win User

my windows media will not play my music

why won,t windows media play my music

DEREKDYDE, Jun 8, 2023
  3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Jun 8, 2023
  4. baer1231 Win User

Music file won't play in windows 11

Musiclist for alarm clock / ringtones / sms isn´t refreshing

hey guys !

I have a problem with the music on my "nokia xpress music 5800".

I transfered new music on the phone and updated the playlist in the music player....

but when it comes to changing the ringtone for a profile, or the music which is played for the alarms the list where you can choose still only includes the old files.

when i choose files that aren´t on the phone anymore it says "unsupported format", files that are still there can be used without problems.

so how can i refresh the list so removed tracks won´t be displayed anymore??ß

regards,

mat!

baer1231, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Music file won't play in windows 11

1. Music file won't play in windows 11 - Similar Threads - Music file won't

2. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  3. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  4. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Music files not playing on PC

Music files not playing on PC: I bought a new computer with Windows 11. I copied songs from CDs to my desktop and they show type of file as WMP11.AssocFile.cda. Why won't these play on my PC? If I put these songs on a USB will they play in the car? TY for any assistance you can give....
  6. Music file won't play in windows 11

Music file won't play in windows 11: After upgrading to windows 11, I transferred my music file from my external hard drive to windows media player legacy and now the majority of my folders / songs went into an unknown listing. All the songs are listed in numerical order only. The worst part there is an error...
  7. Windows 10 read external drive but won't play music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 read external drive but won't play music files: Plugged my external drive into new computer. It immediately recognized drive and I can open all files except music files, they say I don't have permission. Through a little online research, I have taken back permission and see all the songs in the file now, but windows 10...
  8. Cortana won't play music

in Cortana
    Cortana won't play music: Hi guys ! How can I control music with cortana with latest update? When I say her " Cortana play some music" She answer me: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." Please how can i fix this ? [Original Title: Cortana]...
  9. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  10. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...