Windows 10: music files

Discus and support music files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; unable to play my old music files in my WMP library-"files missing media usage rights"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alan Ripple, Oct 17, 2019.

1. music files

unable to play my old music files in my WMP library-"files missing media usage rights"

:)

Alan Ripple, Oct 17, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 17, 2019
  4. music files

Cannot copy music files to SD card

Dear Arnie,

Thanks for your suggestions and see below...

Put card into surface and run scan; all ok

Files will not copy to music folder (either mp3 or jpeg or excel) I tried all sorts of files ad none would work

I did copy a music file to "videos" on the card and it copied perfectly (since deleted it)

It seems the "MUSIC" folder on the card is locked to copying when the card is in the phone because I CAN copy music files to it when it is in the surface pro.

Music is default to save to SD card

I cannot see to add music in groove as I already have over 7500 songs on my 200GB card.

Many thanks,

A.

ArthurGoan, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

music files

1. music files - Similar Threads - music files

2. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  3. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  4. where are my music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where are my music files: When I use microsoft nmedia player to rip a cd where are the files on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-music-files/6e1fd086-46b9-48ca-aa1d-3e8fc4101dee
  5. where are my music files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where are my music files: When I use microsoft nmedia player to rip a cd where are the files on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-music-files/6e1fd086-46b9-48ca-aa1d-3e8fc4101dee
  6. where are my music files

7. Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...: Why am I not able to drag and drop music files CDAs to a folder in file explorer or even rename the song titles?I have tried to use a burner program but the program does not recognize the file type.I am really disgusted with windows and they shut be shut and never opened!!!If...
  8. Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...

Why am I not able to burn music cds CDAs in windows 11 using drag and drop to file explorer...: Why am I not able to drag and drop music files CDAs to a folder in file explorer or even rename the song titles?I have tried to use a burner program but the program does not recognize the file type.I am really disgusted with windows and they shut be shut and never opened!!!If...
  9. cannot copy music to usb, playable files apparently 'corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy music to usb, playable files apparently 'corrupt': Hi, I'm having issues copying certain music files to USB, these are playable files, which always have this issue when trying to copy to USB but not other areas on the local machine, any copy of the file will also no transfer to USB.There doesn't appear to be anything wrong...
  10. cannot copy music to usb, playable files apparently 'corrupt'

cannot copy music to usb, playable files apparently 'corrupt': Hi, I'm having issues copying certain music files to USB, these are playable files, which always have this issue when trying to copy to USB but not other areas on the local machine, any copy of the file will also no transfer to USB.There doesn't appear to be anything wrong...