Windows 10: Music folder 'arrange by' function

Discus and support Music folder 'arrange by' function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by d00msword, Aug 14, 2015.

1. d00msword Win User

Music folder 'arrange by' function

Hello,

There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and artist.
    There is a way to get it again in win10 explorer?

Example:

Music folder 'arrange by' function [​IMG]

:)

d00msword, Aug 14, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User

How can I find files on my Micro SD card?

Windows Media Player, Zune and Windows Phone 7 all depend on tags to arrange and sort music. There has been no removal of function.

If you have all of that music in one folder a basic mp3 tagger can changs all the 'album' tags to 80s Music and all will be displayed as one album.

garym123, Aug 14, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    Windows 520 nokia lumia,managing Mucic folders.

If you took a folder of music and dropped it in your music library for Windows Media Player on Windows 8.1 you would not get a folder of music to play using WMP. You would get new songs added and you would see them arranged in the player based on the metadata
    tags embeded in each song, the artist album and song title. Windows music arrangement is based on metadata. The same thing applies to music added to the phone.

garym123, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Music folder 'arrange by' function

Libraries are still in Win10. You might have to right click the navigation pane of File Explorer and select Show Libraries. Then you have to put the folders with the music in the Music Library - nothing has really changed.

edit: a little bit has changed - there's a manage library tab on explorer that open a manage library on the ribbon - that's how you configure libraries - you used to do that on the properties page.

Tip: In File Explorer, right click on the folder you want to include in a Library, select Include in Library > and then pick which library from the expanded list.

Slartybart, Aug 14, 2015
  5. d00msword Win User
    Still, I can't see the arrange by option.

d00msword, Aug 14, 2015
  6. I don't think this has changed since Libraries were introduced, but ... try this

Navigate to the Music Library, right click an open area

This only works in Libraries - you're screen shot in post 1 shows the Music Library - just wanted to make sure that you're not trying to arrange objects in a normal folder

Post a screen shot showing what you see when you right click the open area of the Library if that doesn't help
    Grab the entire screen (PrtScrn key) so the context menu is included (it's tricky to get those sometimes *Wink)

Sometimes it's a just matter of fiddling with the Arrange by and View. You could also try right clicking Libraries in the navigation pane and select Restore default libraries, but then you'll have to add the folders you want presented back into the library.

Slartybart, Aug 14, 2015
  7. d00msword Win User
    OK, I think I got it.
    Thanks.

d00msword, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Music folder 'arrange by' function

Glad you got it sorted.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Music folder 'arrange by' function

1. Music folder 'arrange by' function - Similar Threads - Music folder 'arrange

2. The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...

in Windows 10 Support
    The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...: Hello, The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every reboot or "Explorer" restart. I use "CCleaner" regularly but I don't see an option that might cause that issue. [img] Windows 10 Pro X64, Version 2004 Build 19041.388 162149
  3. Arranging files in order in a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging files in order in a Folder: Hello, On WIndows 10 I am trying to send a manuscript to a publisher. I have a folder already on the desktop and my word documents 30 of them that must be shown in the correct order that I have copied them into the Folder. I tried this yesterday but on the 4th attempt of...
  4. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...
  5. Arranging music files for streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging music files for streaming: Hope someone can help with this one - probably an easy fix. I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on our PC and ever since then my internet radio which streams tracks from the PC has started sorting the albums and the tracks into alphabetica order instead of the order they...
  6. Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?: Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon? [img] I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be...
  7. Can't arrange folders by date

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't arrange folders by date: This seems like an easy one at first but not for me. I get play memories to download my photo's from my camera to the computer and it stores them all in a folder called camera photos. When looking at the sperate folders arranged by the date they are all out of order. I have...
  8. Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty: Hello, I have this weird problem with my music library folder. When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty. The problem is, that I have over 7000 mp3 files in the folder, and it doesn't sort by Album for example. How...
  9. Windows Explorer folder arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder arrangement: Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The "sort by" and "group by" menus are identical (name, date, type, size, ascending, descending, more) as opposed to how it was...
  10. Arrange the pinned Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange the pinned Folders: Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the taskar of Win 10 Pro? I usually can arrange them in Win 8.1 Pro but in Win 10 I can't move them. Can they be moved like...