Windows 10: Music folder changes don't carry over to external backup drive

Discus and support Music folder changes don't carry over to external backup drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm showing an example of one folder from my music collection to demonstrate the problem that I've having. On my main hard drive I've been changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cmach1, Jun 9, 2021.

1. cmach1 Win User

Music folder changes don't carry over to external backup drive

I'm showing an example of one folder from my music collection to demonstrate the problem that I've having. On my main hard drive I've been changing the art for each album (folder) to show a single image of the album cover. I'm doing this by choosing a .jpg of the album cover from the customize tab and folder pictures section in file properties. This is the way the artwork should look: I needed to make these manual changes because the artwork used to show up more haphazardly. Some art either had a white border around it or sometimes the folder would show double images. Here is a shot of the same collection with these issues on an external backup drive: Even after copying over the corrected artwork from my main hard drive, the backup drive still shows the artwork in the old format that I wanted to replace. The only way I can fix it on the backup is to create a new folder, move the contents from old folder to new and do the same customization on it. This is a very long and tedious process. Why won't it simply copy the exact appearance of the folders on the main hard drive to the backup? Is there some way I can just have this done as a batch process? I don't know what I'm missing here.

:)

cmach1, Jun 9, 2021

2. External drive

Hi,

Ralph

I am Lokesh. I would be happy to help you out with your problem.

To take a backup of Windows 10 on an external drive follow the steps below:

1. On the search of start menu type PC settings.
    2. Scroll down and go to Update and Recovery.
    3. From the available options ofUpdate and Recovery, select the File History.
    4. The right pane of the File History is the place where you will carry out the work. You will see a couple of options being mentioned there such as turn on and off File history etc.
    5. The File History option will be greyed out until you insert an external drive to your computer. Attaching the external drive in the supportable port, the File History option will allow you to turn
      it on or off.
    6. Slide the switch and turn it onand then your files of Desktop, Documents, Contacts, Libraries, Music and Videos will be backed up in the inserted drive.
    7. In case you wish to have the backups on another drive, insert that drive and click onselect a different drive link. Attached drives will be scanned, choose the desired one.
    8. To carry out a manual backup, click on Backup now button. The date and time details of the last backup will be displayed on top of that option.

Lokeshraj315, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Files missing from Windows 10 backup to external drive

Backing up windows 10 to external drive noticed space used less than expected.

A full manual comparison and matching of the computer files and the backup content discovered 2000 images in some 15 folders missing from the backup.

Clearing the backup and repeating the auto backup process gave the same result.

I realize I can manually include these folders, but there must be a reason and a better way to be sure the backup is complete.

When carrying out the process I checked that the folders are not listed as being excluded.

JohnKHyland, Jun 9, 2021
  4. graye Win User

Files missing from Windows 10 backup to external drive

So, what backup software are you using?

graye, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Music folder changes don't carry over to external backup drive - Similar Threads - Music folder changes

2. Automatic backup of Pictures folder to an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic backup of Pictures folder to an external drive: HelloHow can I setup an automatic backup of the 'My Pictures' folder to an external USB drive?ThanksPierre https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-backup-of-pictures-folder-to-an-external/709900ac-efa0-465b-a715-3b7de3fc710c
  3. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  4. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  5. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup to external drive: I want to backup my computer to an external drive. I have windows 10 in a partition on my MacBook Pro. when I go to backup it says "no usable drive found" even though I have my i-Portable plugged in...What do I need to do to make this work?...
  7. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup to external drive: In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am attempting to back up to an external drive. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hi, recently I bought a new computer dell Inspiron small desktop, I also own a "Toshiba external hard drive USB 3.0 USB devise", which I used to backup my previous desktop computer for years where I saved valuable files and documents. Now when I tried to open this devise in...
  9. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to external drive: People say to backup more so using Win10. Read some say to use other than Windows backup. If using such as Macrium Reflect. Would I need to create an Image of the whole drive on my laptop with my files/photos and system etc. So in the event of a failure/corruption etc, it...
  10. Backup to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to an external drive.: How do I connect my networked computer to my router connected usb hard drive for backing up my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/backup-to-an-external-drive/7b876cf8-b372-4ffa-b599-0fbc5c0b1109